Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: Multi-Screen Skin

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

How easy would it be to make a skin that works on 2 screens?

Screen 1

Will have all your playback related buttons info.
Play/Pause
Stop
Cueing
Track Info
and all the other necessary buttons.

Screen 2

Would be used purely for track searches and the playlist just to give you more space to work with.

I reckoned the easiest way to do it would really be a skin that was 2048x768 for example but I did wonder how that would line up on screen eg Fullscreen mode.

An improvement on this would be that Dev team would split the Search/Playlist module so that you could locate them in different positions in skin rather than as one module.

You could then have the playlist immediately below all the playback info/screen...in the playlist you would be able to attach a message to entries for example dedication messages "This one is for Tina and Brian who are celebrating their 5th Anniversary today" which is much easier than trying to remember them as you play.

You could then have all the search related stuff on searches...ways to filter the search (this would become more useful when/if ID3 is fully implemented)

Of course having this option the search features and playlist could all be on the one screen...I plan to be using at least 2 screens soon anyway and shortly after that it will go to 3...I like the flexibility options this offers.

Infact I've just decided I'm going to create my own little VDJ Dev page so I can illustrate my ideas in future.
You will be able to access it probably an hour after I post this which gives me time to make a page and illustrate this idea.
http://www.aclassdisco.com/vdjdev

(important new feature to get tagged in on this one - A put back into playlist option...sometimes I listen to songs in the playlist to decide for sure whether or not I want to play them now but then if I decide to play it later they dont get put back in the playlist and I forget about them - so why not have a button "Put back in Playlist", it could be assigned to the "Wait List" button on the Dac-2)

Posted Thu 28 Oct 04 @ 1:22 am
djjbPRO InfinityMember since 2004
hello dj ross...
i think it's possible to do that.
make the skin dubblesise horisontal or vertical.
then split your screen in the pc settings.
i allways do for karaoke. the player is on the laptop and the songtitel on a big screen.

good luck

Posted Thu 28 Oct 04 @ 11:12 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)