Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Xponent - Page: 4

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
chinshue1234 wrote :
could you send me a copy of the file?

you need to have purchased pro edition to get acess

because it will only work with this version you can upgrade at a discount

discount

Posted Thu 15 Nov 07 @ 11:55 am
MumpiPRO InfinityMember since 2006

Posted Thu 15 Nov 07 @ 12:26 pm
TimhaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
thanks for the dll. tried it last night. Im very pleased with what has been done, works alot better than origanal profile.

is it possible to make it sutter, as in only play track when holding button down?

Keep up the good work :D

Posted Thu 15 Nov 07 @ 2:52 pm
hey SBDJ. i downloaded your mapper and put it in the folder you said to in the.doc that came with the plugin but it doens't work for me. i dont see any difference from how it was before i put your plugin. can you plzz tell me if there's something that i'm missing which is NOT in the .doc you wrote? thanks !

Posted Thu 15 Nov 07 @ 5:05 pm
MumpiPRO InfinityMember since 2006
You need to put the .dll in C - Documents&Settings - YourUserName - My Files - VirtualDJ - Plugins - ControlDevice
Then you need to select the Xponent in the control section of VDJ (and unselect Midi, if used before). This should work!

Posted Thu 15 Nov 07 @ 6:47 pm
bonbagay wrote :
hey SBDJ. i downloaded your mapper and put it in the folder you said to in the.doc that came with the plugin but it doens't work for me. i dont see any difference from how it was before i put your plugin. can you plzz tell me if there's something that i'm missing which is NOT in the .doc you wrote? thanks !

I'm having the same problem as bonbagay. I noticed that the DLL has a dependency on MSVCR80.DLL. I added that in the same directory, but still no luck. I am sure that the DLL is in the correct directory and the Xponent has been activated in the remote control tab. I'm wondering if there is a problem with the uploaded version. SKDJ could you pm me a version.

Thanks
Shehryar

Posted Sat 17 Nov 07 @ 3:11 am
I noticed that xponent shows up under effects > external devices, so it appears the plug-in is loading but the default mapper seems to still be in control.

-Shehryar

Posted Sat 17 Nov 07 @ 4:53 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Mumpi wrote :
Hey Skyfxl,

I know you also own a Xponent.
I use SBDJs mapper and have an issue with it as the (so far) left deck sometimes just wouldn't start playing.
I described it here ...
http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/80310/General_Discussion/deck_wouldn_t_start_playing.html?highlight=deck%20wouldn't%20start
... did you experience something like this before?

I've not come across this problem; I've been using it for long sessions a few times a week and haven't been able to replicate it. Out of interest, I assume at this time the skin button for "play" (or a keyboard shortcut) still works if you click it?

Timha wrote :
thanks for the dll. tried it last night. Im very pleased with what has been done, works alot better than origanal profile.

is it possible to make it sutter, as in only play track when holding button down?

Keep up the good work :D

Actually I was thinking the same thing when working last night - it's been add to my "to do" list ;)

bonbagay wrote :

Not as far as I know. I assumer you're on XP? It was compiled in VC 2005, so you could try installing the latest Visual C++ 2005 runtime libraries from Microsoft:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=200b2fd9-ae1a-4a14-984d-389c36f85647&displaylang=en

No DLLs need to be in the folder alongside it. If the above libraries don't fix it, I'll build a clean XP PC and test it for you :)

Posted Sat 17 Nov 07 @ 8:18 pm
Ive been using it this weekend and its only a small point.

I noticed that the jog wheel in scratch mode works differnetly. before it only scratched when you touched the top of the wheel and you could use it as a jog wheel by touching sides.

Dont know if its possible to do that again.

Thanks Tim

Posted Sun 18 Nov 07 @ 10:04 pm
Timha wrote :
Ive been using it this weekend and its only a small point.

I noticed that the jog wheel in scratch mode works differnetly. before it only scratched when you touched the top of the wheel and you could use it as a jog wheel by touching sides.

Dont know if its possible to do that again.

Thanks Tim

Probably a mistake on my part, I'll have a look :)

Posted Mon 19 Nov 07 @ 10:07 am
I might be on my own on this one, but here goes.

When i dj i dont use the crossfader, and was wondering if a option could be added to use it as the video crossfade only. I know alot of djs do use it as it was intended, its just my personal preference. I dont know how easy it would be to add that as an option.

Thanks for the great work.

Keep it up.

Tim H

Posted Tue 20 Nov 07 @ 2:57 pm
It's already been requested, and will be in my next release :)

Posted Wed 21 Nov 07 @ 5:25 pm
ciocePRO InfinityMember since 2004
Timha wrote :
I might be on my own on this one, but here goes.

When i dj i dont use the crossfader, and was wondering if a option could be added to use it as the video crossfade only. I know alot of djs do use it as it was intended, its just my personal preference. I dont know how easy it would be to add that as an option.

Thanks for the great work.

Keep it up.

Tim H

Is already possible with any controller and without any modify in the mapper.

Go in CONFIG -> Options and select Crossfader "Disabled" then go in Video option and select Linked Crossfader ;)

Posted Thu 22 Nov 07 @ 4:26 pm
Thanks for that, i knew about unlinking the crossfader, but didnt know about disabling it.

Thanks

Tim H

Posted Sat 24 Nov 07 @ 7:03 pm
ciocePRO InfinityMember since 2004
You are welcome man ;)

Posted Sat 24 Nov 07 @ 7:18 pm
I've uploaded v0.11, which will (hopefully) appear once it's been approved.

It's a quick release I've done this evening to fix a few niggles...

Fix Cue function (found a small problem with how I had implemented this)

Implement initialisation indicator (hotcue buttons will count 1-5-1 to show my mapper has loaded successfully and is in control of the xponent)

Implement Cue stutter (press and hold cue to stutter)

Implement touch sensitive scratch mode (as requested, side of jogwheel jogs even in scratch mode)

Implement remembering Cue selection for use with Cue button (using a hotcue button will make the main cue button use that cue point)

The hotcue/cue thing has really been bugging me, so I wanted to get a fix in for that ASAP!

Regards,

Scott

Posted Tue 27 Nov 07 @ 10:19 pm
is it possible to use that mapper with mac os x. if yes how ?
thanks !

Posted Wed 28 Nov 07 @ 11:34 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)