Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Mp4 Video

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

okay, i\'m at my last straw with this troubleshooting..

I still have my demo version on my desktop, my registered ver on my laptop. I\'m able to view the mp4 video files on my desktop, but when i attempt on my laptop ...no luck

I\'ve made sure to change the Codec options in the Configuration using Windows media player,
I\'ve installed DirectX,K-Lite and 3ivx and still cannot get the mp4 to show up visually, sound wise they play..but no video.

Any suggestions?

Thank you!

Posted Tue 18 Sep 07 @ 3:17 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
what video card do you have in the laptop?

Posted Tue 18 Sep 07 @ 5:12 pm
ATI RadeonĀ® Xpress 200M Series" with 512mb RAM

but i dont think this is an issue, i can get all other formats to play fine thru my video graphics card, but not mp4.

Posted Tue 18 Sep 07 @ 10:04 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
thats a perfect card so it cant be that ,

do you see 3x codec in vdj's codec list if not what can you see ?

Posted Tue 18 Sep 07 @ 10:06 pm
here are the decorder options when i click to change under mp4

Audio CD Reader
WMA decorder (non-DRM)
WMA decorder (DRM)
OGG decoder
VDJ-samples decoder
ZIP decoder
General Windows Mediaplayer Audio decoder
General Quicktime audio decoder
Video decoder
Windows Mediaplayer video decoder

no 3x codec listed.

Posted Tue 18 Sep 07 @ 11:34 pm
I'm afraid i can't remember exactly how, but there's a way in windows you can find out what codec is decoding what format. (Somewhere in control panel i guess!).

If you can find that out on your pc that will play the videos, then you should just be able to install the right codec on your laptop to get it working.

Sorry I can't be more help.

Posted Sun 23 Sep 07 @ 1:36 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
What extension is your MP4 files using ? Are they MP4 or AVI ? Go back to the codec tab and CHANGE the AVI codec to use the Windows Media Player video decoder, ADD the MP4 to use the Windows Media Player video decoder.

Now what happens?

Posted Sun 23 Sep 07 @ 11:43 pm
the extension are mp4, i tried the change to the windows media for mp4 and it didnt work.

Posted Thu 27 Sep 07 @ 3:02 am

Posted Thu 27 Sep 07 @ 5:35 pm
finally got it to work..using my desktop as the template (since the mp4's worked there)..i removed any codec from my laptop that didnt match the desktop..and tada...mp4s are back working.

Posted Fri 05 Oct 07 @ 8:46 pm
My question is:

How did you remove codecs one at a time and where are they located ion the first place?

Posted Sun 07 Oct 07 @ 8:55 am
follow the link above that i provided, once you go into the properties of the video codec you'll see a REMOVE button to remove the patricular one you dont want installed.

Posted Sun 14 Oct 07 @ 3:06 am
JayDJ130ControlleristMember since 2007
Do you have any other info on how exactly you got it working?? I'm having problems playing MP4's on my laptop running vista. They play fine in Quicktime, but won't in Cue. Tried every codec in the list. Have no idea what to do. any suggestions would be appreciated!

Posted Sat 24 Nov 07 @ 8:47 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)