Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Cue to Beggining

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

DJWBHome userMember since 2007
I might be missing the obvious, but let me ask. When playing a track, I set a cue point or points at different segments of the song so I can jump to hot spots along the track. This works great for side-stepping beat drop outs, or getting right to the breaks or bass line. However, lets say I set Cue (1) 45 seconds into the track, then cue (2) a minute later and so on, how do I cue back to the very beggining of the track. By setting these cue points, they remain in memmory, so whenever I load a track and I want to start from the beggining to set my pitch, it always starts from the cue (1) and therefor makes aligning my downbeats a task. I figured I should always set Cue (1) at the very begging so I can always get a clean start right from the first peak in the spectrum analyzer, is this my only way to get back to the beggining of the track when I load or the get back to the begging of the track, if I pause?

Posted Tue 18 Sep 07 @ 12:40 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
If you have the AutoCue option Enabled or Set to always then the software will always go to the first down beat if no CUEs are set OR go to the CUE 1 set point if it is set. Disable the AutoCue option (Config->Options tab), now every time you load a track it is always at the very beginning of the file.

If you use the PAUSE button on the skin interface, you can jump through all your set CUE points to include the zero ( 0 ) cue point the beginning of the track.

Hope this helps, look forward to you enjoying the demo and purchasing VirtualDJ.

cstoll

Posted Tue 18 Sep 07 @ 12:50 am
Ok, this is what I was missing, never thought about entering into the Config section. I will try this, by the way, do you know if I disable the autocue, will it work the same way with the skin as with the DAC3?

Posted Tue 18 Sep 07 @ 12:56 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Yes

Posted Tue 18 Sep 07 @ 1:00 am
Cool deal, Thanks for the push in the right direction

Posted Tue 18 Sep 07 @ 1:02 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)