Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Using time code for CDs

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Has any been using Time Code for CDs? I have a Numark EM360 mixer with the Numark CDN88 dual deck. I ahve been messing around with it and it is not work well. I do not have a ASIO sound card but on the site it said it was not necessary. I do get the cd to play and stop but thats it. i would really like to know if i am doing something wrong. here is the way i have it set up and maybe some one can let me know what im doing wrong. first i have the controller set up for time vinyl with the corresponding sound card. then i have the controller of my numark cd player going into the microphone input of my note book. on the percentage of signal i am getting zero. they made mention that at least 50% would be enough. i load a song and i only get to play and pause. please help if you can.

Posted Mon 25 Oct 04 @ 4:42 am
I believe your cd deck has to be able to emulate scratching for the time coded cd funtion to work.

Posted Mon 25 Oct 04 @ 5:12 am
djzeroPRO InfinityMember since 2003
its likley that your mic input is mono, for time code to work properly you have to have a stereo signal.

i use time code cds on 2X Pioneer CDj 500MKII's as it works perfectly.

if you are seriously thinking of using either TCV or TCCD go and buy a Maya44 or M-Audio Delta 44 or equilviant, something with ASIO as it works alot better + you can use the low latency settings.

Posted Mon 25 Oct 04 @ 11:00 am
I thought so. Thank you and the Numark CDN88s does have the scratch feature

Posted Tue 26 Oct 04 @ 5:28 pm
you can use a cd-player without scratch feature...

but stereo line-in is a must, and asio makes things even better.

also, make sure you choose cd-decks in timecode setup, so that looping etc works well

Posted Wed 27 Oct 04 @ 2:47 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)