Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: White Noise Problem!

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I have just purchased virtual dj and started to do an in depth scan of my hard drive for my sound files. After a couple of hours my laptop started to output white noise which was registering on both level meters within Virtual DJ and only stopped when i cancelled the scan and closed the software down. My question is, has any one else come across this problem and is so what causes it. I am a function DJ and hope to use virtual DJ at my gigs but would be put off if halfway through the night it started to blast white noise through my P.A. System.

Posted Wed 12 Sep 07 @ 2:23 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
If you have purchased VirtualDJ then please update your profile with your serial - http://www.virtualdj.com/fusers/modifuser.html

If you previously ran a crack version you will need to clear your system (format and reload) as to remove any remnants of the crack to avoid issues with the licensed copy.

Also, what is the 'sound card' you are using? There are known issues with certain chips that can also cause the 'white noise' problem when used with audio applications like VirtualDJ.

cstoll

Posted Wed 12 Sep 07 @ 3:24 pm
I have been using AtomixMP3 for the last 4-5 years (which is still loaded on my Laptop) I have been trying to register both products but the E-mail I am entering clashes with the e-mail that I used when I first purchased Atomix on-line many moons ago and clashes with the atomix serial number that I have and dos'nt let me get any further with the registration.

I am using a Toshiba Satalite Pro A Series Laptop, 1024 ram, 80g HD with a clean install of Windows XP using the built in sound chip/card. I have been using AtomixMP3 (the only software innstalled on the laptop) on this system and everything works great, but I just thought it was maybe time to upgrade to something a bit more profesional, Virtual DJ being the obviouse choice.

I did a search for white noise in the forum and found i'm not the only person with this problem, is there a patch/system config/general set up guide that i can download to solve the white noise issue, I'm a funtion DJ and very often find myself working 6-7 hours non stop.

Posted Wed 12 Sep 07 @ 4:18 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Please use the eTicket service to get your account resolved - that should be fixable - http://www.virtualdj.com/contact/

Also, what is the onboard sound chip ? AC97? SoundBlaster?

Posted Wed 12 Sep 07 @ 5:31 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)