Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: DMC-2 issues already???

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

OK... I've had my DMC since the day they came out, and already I'm having problems.. the play / Cue buttons are getting touchy.. by this I mean that I sometimes have to hit the play button 3 times to get it to play. I'd like to think this thing is gonna' give me more than 5 months usage before it dies...

also, I don't know if it's the mapper, or what, but the pitch sliders do not work until you move the pitch down first, then it will move it up... they don't just move with the sliders like on the dac 3... why do you have to move the slidrs both ways before it will catch the slider on screen? this is annoying....

also... in scratch mode, the song will sometimes just stop and move a little bit, and you can't re-start the song until you bang the jog wheel with a sharp rap, then it starts back up again....

what's up with the dmc? I'm starting to not feel comfortable with this thing....

e-mailed numark... of course, no one has ever e-mailed back....

any suggestions on how to get this thing replaced? it's far too new to be giving me problems already...

Thanks!

Steve

Posted Thu 06 Sep 07 @ 11:09 pm
I have one, and hope this is not gonna be a problem. I use mine everyday. JP's mapper does take into consideration where the pitch slider is. I think the default setting is so you don't make a mistake, and will tell you which direction you need to go. You can also adjust it to the way you want. Is the slider on the skin on zero, when the slider on the controller is on zero? If not you can adjust that also. He will be able to explain it better then I can. As for the buttons not responding, Keep me posted, because they should not be failing at this point. How often do you use it, and is it in a rack unit?

Posted Thu 06 Sep 07 @ 11:41 pm
Mine has a slight problem as well. the keylock button n the left deck does not work at all anymore. I can't wait for the Denon4500 and it's vdj mapper

Posted Fri 07 Sep 07 @ 12:25 am
So Far So good here. No issues with it yet.

If it does though - I'm going to change back to my DAC2.

Funny - that old peice of kit has lasted so long and the brand new DMC seems to be having issues.

Posted Fri 07 Sep 07 @ 1:14 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
DJ Mad Maxx wrote :
Mine has a slight problem as well. the keylock button n the left deck does not work at all anymore. I can't wait for the Denon4500 and it's vdj mapper

Hope they don't use the same button mechanisms that people are using in most controllers on the market. Oh, I have had my DN-S5000 players in the shop just for the play buttons not working. Hum, wonder if they will use those button parts?

btw, just having fun guys... please lol with me...

Posted Fri 07 Sep 07 @ 1:22 am
same exact problem here steve i hate when you have to move the pitch slider in order to change the bpm,if you dont first move it up it wont change the bpm of the song,then when i change the jog wheel to scratch and say i scrath a part of a song then after im dont scratching it will like scratch on its own like if i was moving the jog wheel when im not kind of embarassing when your live...yeah dont know if its the mapper

Posted Fri 07 Sep 07 @ 1:22 am
I've not had any problems with my DMC-2 buttons so far. My DAC-3 PLAY/CUE buttons started to malfunction after 1 month.

The problem you are having with the jogwheels may be a hardware fault. With my DAC-3, sometimes the jogwheel and/or pitch slider would get 'stuck' and 'wobble' between two values. A slight nudge would solve this. Obviously with the jogwheel in scratch mode, this would be problem, causing the music to stop. I haven't experienced this problem with the DMC-2 so far.

The 'safe pitch' feature can optionally be turned off via user parameters. When safe pitch is active, you will see a message flashing on the screen telling you which direction to move the fader and by how much to get it to the correct position.

Rather than turn off safe pitch, I'd recommend turning off the options 'Auto Pitch Matching' and 'Pitch Reset On Load' in VDJ's config - Both of these will change the software pitch position on loading a song and will cause safe pitch to activate. Also, make sure the controller reads 0.0 pitch on both sides when at the centre lock position. If not, there is an option to calibrate this in user parameters.

Posted Fri 07 Sep 07 @ 1:52 am
See, I told you he could explain it better then me. Thanks JP. As for Denon, I knew the people by name at their NJ repair center, in Pine Brook. They used to be in Parsippany, which I frequented. They have just moved to Mahwah, (damn they move a lot). I have a 2500 from the club to send them, and just put a new drive into the 9000 at the club, two weeks ago. My personal 2700s have been in the shop a few times. My 2600s on the other hand, have never been in the shop. All this means is that all equipment can and does break down. What we have to do is hold the manufactures accountable. We have to demand repairs or replacements, when stuff breaks prematurely. I saw a guy break his Mac with a sledge hammer, because Apple would not fix it. He posted it on the web, and Apple sent him a replacement. I can tell you right now, if my DMC 2 fails and I can\'t get any relief, I will be doing the same thing. I would advise every one else to do the same. As a matter of fact, banding together makes your voices, louder. So gentlemen, something to think about. You watch my back, and I\'ll watch yours.

Posted Fri 07 Sep 07 @ 4:05 am
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
Hi everyone,

Regarding Numark hardware, Its always better to contact their support directly if you have any problems, this isn't limited to the DMC-2 either. Numark has the highest priority in customer service they work around the clock to make sure things like this are taken care of. Please rather then posting here (Numark doesn't come here to read always) Just give them a call they are ready to help you. In fact here is their contact information.

World Headquarters
Numark Industries, LLC
200 Scenic View Drive
Cumberland, RI 02864
United States
Tel: 401.658.3131
Fax: 401.658.3640

or you can also contact them although not the fastest way through their website.

http://www.numark.com/contact/index.php

Posted Fri 07 Sep 07 @ 2:07 pm
Gentleman,

Cyder just alerted me to this, but he is right. I spend my day working on the new stuff, so I don't catch the posts like this. In the past few months we have sold a thousand units in the US, with only 1 phone call in the past month due to a strange hardware fault. This particular problem is not appearing in the service reports I've seen, so either I missed it or no one called to get it fixed. Please make sure you call our service department to get quick solutions. If we don't see faults, we can't fix them. For this product, we have made the hardware with these switches on on over a million CD players, and it was pointed out earlier on this string the tooling has existed for 5 years with an extremly high success rate. This has not been a known issue, so if it's something new, we need to see it pronto.

Chris Roman
Numark

Posted Fri 07 Sep 07 @ 2:33 pm
Thank you gentlemen for your timely response, and related info.

Posted Fri 07 Sep 07 @ 11:42 pm
I have the same Dac-2 with issues for a long time....I never reported it and I know alot more people that have issues.

The reason I never reported it was because I can't be without hardware...I have no time to diagnose issues...I can't really send out equipment to be fixed.

I have had my Dac-2 for two years...using it with PCDJ.....I have had issues using the Dac-2 with PCDJ as well as VDJ.

I bought a new one because I thought the DAC-2 controller was broken. But my new controller seems to have the same issues.

When I press play mostly on the b side it gets stuck.....now it's happening with the a side.

Sometimes I have to press Play 3 or 4 times to continue the song.

When the play button is pressed it moves the play head slightly forward and pauses the track.
Pressing the play button again will move the play head sightly forward and pauses the track again.
It almost feels as if the play button is pressed twice very quickly.

Thank you Teamers and keep up the good work....VDJ is the SHiiiiit! Can't wait for Mac VDJ 5.0

DJ Frankie

If you never checked out www.jonestm.com
Check it out......tell them Frankie from Premier Entertainment sent you...better than promo only
songs are delivered quicker....and it's every week.....Check out Primecuts.
I usually deal with Rob.

Posted Mon 10 Sep 07 @ 9:06 pm
@djfrankiel

Which controller are you talking about the Numark DMC2 or the PCDJ DAC 2? I am not sure we are talking about the same thing.

Posted Mon 10 Sep 07 @ 9:41 pm
Chris Roman,

I bought the dmc2 a few weeks ago.
It's great and for me the best controller there is.

NO PROBLEMS AT ALL !!!

Posted Tue 11 Sep 07 @ 1:20 am
Thanks for posting chris... I will definitely call... I appreciate the prompt reply...

it's a great piece of gear...

Posted Tue 11 Sep 07 @ 7:13 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)