Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Turntables or TCVs

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

People,

I'm hoping to have some spare money in the not so distant future and am considering getting either some turntables (Technics 12s) or ICDXs

As well as that I want to get some decent speakers that I can connect to my DJMK2.

Any suggestions?

Posted Tue 04 Sep 07 @ 5:08 pm
Uhm, "turntables or TCV" ? You need both if you want to play TCV`s (Time Coded Vinyls) :-)

Posted Tue 04 Sep 07 @ 5:18 pm
Sorry, similar controller to the ICDX. ;(

XP10s, that was what i was thinking of!!!

Posted Tue 04 Sep 07 @ 5:23 pm
TCV forever.

Posted Tue 04 Sep 07 @ 5:49 pm
lol it'll happen.

I'm happy with my TCV's, didn't take long at all for me to get mine. but that could vary due to location,
i'm on the usermap so it could give you a rough idea. i think it was like 5 days to 2 weeks i got mine,
i was shock on how fast they arrived.

but then again it's all in user preference, i never tryed the xp10,
im sure you'll get an opinion on that soon by someone who owns it or both tcv & xp10

Posted Tue 04 Sep 07 @ 5:51 pm
I'm probably going to go for turntables with the TCVs and connect via the Hercules.

So next question - what turntables do I get - anything between £500 and £700 - that would also probably have to include speakers amongst that price.

Posted Wed 05 Sep 07 @ 11:17 am
Man-TkPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Numark TT500 is a good option if you don't want to pay a lots of money for a technics mk5 (the best forever) - You have very new good options to take , cheap and good : Synq XTRM1/Omnitronic DD5250/Akiyama DJ4000 Acura/AMDJ HTD4.5/Stanton STR8-150/ST150/Citronic PD45/Reloop RP6000MK5/Reloop RP6000MK6 - All are the same , and works perfect -
I have 2 technics Mk5 1210 & 2 xp10 ...they are 2 different things , xp10 is the best controller with no doubt (with a very powerfull soundcard included ), but TCV are simply PERFECT - NOw you can see every dj has a controller , so maybe with TCV you can play in another league -

Posted Wed 05 Sep 07 @ 3:50 pm
ryankmPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I'd go digital if I were you.

Posted Wed 05 Sep 07 @ 4:16 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
ryankm wrote :
I'd go digital if I were you.

Ryan is correct. TCV is cool, but IMHO going digital is the best thing. I own two iCDXs and love them.

Posted Wed 05 Sep 07 @ 4:19 pm

Posted Wed 05 Sep 07 @ 5:28 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
yes...but I would use an EQ also..but that is just me. I also have the DXM01usb mixer with my iCDXs look at my blog. Its a real nice set up, if I do say so myself.... :-)

Posted Wed 05 Sep 07 @ 5:34 pm

Posted Thu 06 Sep 07 @ 12:12 pm
robertsr wrote :
I had someone come round, and I gave them a demo with my DJCMK2 and VDJ - his comments were along the lines of - is this a game???

I was speechless.

I hope you slapped him..!

Posted Thu 06 Sep 07 @ 12:25 pm
Nah, he'd drop me, if I tried!!!

I'm finding out that when people hear what I'm using - that they say DJ? - get real - you're just someone who cheats!!!

This still happens and we have DJs such as Sasha using Ableton Live for his sets. I don't think we'll be seeing people accusing him of cheating...

Posted Thu 06 Sep 07 @ 12:54 pm
I am completely serious when i say this.

If i see a professional DJ, doing his job in front of 500 people or more, and he is using a Hercules DJ Console, i will laugh at him in his face. I will burn him to the ground. The Hercules IS a toy, no question about that. Any DJ that has the guts to call himself a DJ has to grow beyond the use of a rediculous toy like that.

I know i'm gonna get alot of comment about what i just said, but i don't care. This is how i think.

Posted Thu 06 Sep 07 @ 5:23 pm
Agree with you though not as vigorously as that, hence why I'm willing to spend big dollar on getting what I shown.

I can see exactly where you're coming from hence why I have not done any gigs at all, because of that perception - whether harsh or not.

Posted Thu 06 Sep 07 @ 5:39 pm
Well my blog shows where i come from. I don't see people using a Hercules DJ Console on those parties. :P

Posted Thu 06 Sep 07 @ 9:57 pm
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Agree with u van..As mk2 is like a toy but dun forget it quite decent to those in need as to do event n weddings n small parties as it quite mobile but i with u if u say it indeed like a toys..but it a great toys:P. I do like it,,hehe

I only use the mk2 for soundcard n controller as i using external mixer n 2 turntables n 2 cd player:)

PS: Btw nice set u did just now.. hardstyle...

Cheers
DJ Antarez

Posted Thu 06 Sep 07 @ 10:28 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)