Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Good Laptop? - Page: 2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

GaryBrPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Yes, i must agree with Alf. From what I've read in the news, the ONLY reason Macs don't get viruses is because its not worth creating one because there are not enough Mac users to disrupt with a virus.

I'm sure the problems are proportionate to the amount of users.

The situation could never be changed now due to amount of business using PC based systems and the amount of money spent training staff worldwide.

Gary

Posted Mon 10 Sep 07 @ 3:11 pm
There is nothing wrong with a Mac, it's just that some of the people that use them, tend to think that the machine, somehow, makes them better. Unfortunately, some of us at the AC convention, witnessed the total meltdown of one of them, at the dinner table. It was not pretty, and that's all I have to say about that.

Posted Mon 10 Sep 07 @ 8:35 pm
iPhone is already getting nailed by Harmful code, check ZDnet on that 1 lol
the more and more they make a sucessful product everyone wants regardless to what there preferance is,
the more often virus code will be written. no product is better then the other viruswise, virus makers are too lazy to write for mac or PC based Linux.

back on topic for me lol.... yeah i prefer a PC based, but it's all in your preferance and what you need it for.
*example* if your doing graphic design for an example alot of companies in my area use mac based machinery.
etc. etc.
it's all in what you need it for, on your desicion/preferance :) a little research on school use/work use/VDJ use, and you'll cut it down to the optimal computer you'll need :)

Posted Mon 10 Sep 07 @ 8:56 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)