Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: filter help - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

i'm reading the update manual and i still can't get any filters to work .....always a syntax error

i would like to filter first for bpm greater than 87 and less than 97 ( expected results equals bpm 88 to 96 ) and if i can get that then i want it to find those files inside my promo only urban radio folder ........

Posted Sat 01 Sep 07 @ 9:21 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
OK here are the filter strings but you can't do intuitive logic of - if 1st is False then do this. And for that matter you are always going to get results with your first one.

BPMs 88-96 Filter: bpm>=88 and bpm<=96
And you are going to get some 97s as part of this - because VDJ round for display purposes a track that is 96.965 to 97.0

Urban Radio Promo Only Filter: filepath contains "promo only" and filepath contains "urban radio"

Now if you want just your 88-96 Urban Radio Promo Only files :

bpm>=88 and bpm<=96 and (filepath contains "promo only" and filepath contains "urban radio")

Posted Sat 01 Sep 07 @ 9:31 pm
bpm>=87and bpm<=97

filmepath contains "promo-only" and filepath contains "urban radio"

(depends on how you spelled your folders)

Posted Sat 01 Sep 07 @ 9:33 pm
Cstoll was faster ;) hehe

Posted Sat 01 Sep 07 @ 9:35 pm
thanks gents will try immediately

Posted Sat 01 Sep 07 @ 9:36 pm
if i get any 97s i'm gonna do something NO ONE will regret ....... sorry getting delayed by plumber

Posted Sat 01 Sep 07 @ 10:00 pm
WOW ..................................... IT WORKED ....... i had to NOT use the parentheses then it worked ........that's what i call sophisticated track mgmt ......

now is it only the listed items in the user guide will work ? gotta try all kindsa stuff now

can we get telepathic searching in 5.1 ?

Posted Sat 01 Sep 07 @ 10:12 pm
What do you mean by listed items?

The Elements and Operators are on Page 22 of the User Guide / Page 12 of the Updates Guide.

Posted Sat 01 Sep 07 @ 10:28 pm
uuuuuuuuuuuhhh sue me i meant elements and operators ...... i was gonna say that ..... just the other day we were hanging around the watercooler , talking 'bout elements 'n operators .....

Posted Sat 01 Sep 07 @ 10:39 pm
now if i could highlight every file in the filter folder and invoke the track group edit dialogue box then i could enter slow rnb or customer or stripper names and see that in the comment field and also search by that ........it would be entered into every file highlighted

adding a comment or other descriptor en mass would be a neat feature

BTW i nominated Cstoll and Norway for co employees of the month ...... despite Cstoll's bedside manner which often makes me cry and despite Norway's redbull problem ........

Posted Sat 01 Sep 07 @ 10:56 pm
thank you kind sir -- grunt hoot grunt grunt !

Posted Sat 01 Sep 07 @ 11:04 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
chucknorrisyouwimps wrote :
despite Norway's redbull problem ........

It is SO not a problem, he can find his mouth every time!!!....... :-)

Posted Sat 01 Sep 07 @ 11:26 pm
oh i don't think he misses a drop or sleeps ..... but the sick part is giving it to squirrels .......

Posted Sat 01 Sep 07 @ 11:40 pm
anywhoo back to the topic .... this filter folder ability is outrageous ... i wrote a coupla others already .....

the database guru seems to be cstoll .... if you're the one writing this stuff , it's great .....

Posted Sat 01 Sep 07 @ 11:44 pm
chucknorrisyouwimps wrote :
..... but the sick part is giving it to squirrels .......

Hey, even squirrels get tired of eating nuts and optic cabels.. besides, gotta feed them something to hold SkyFXL busy ...
And to level out the competition between Sky and The Mutans... We all know Sky was fed Redbull from birth, got more energy than the Duracell bunny that kid.. ;)

Posted Sun 02 Sep 07 @ 12:54 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
im afraid we had to shoot them:) lol , besides id hate for them to die tired :(

i dont actualy need to sleep i just recharge from the wall sockets

Posted Sun 02 Sep 07 @ 1:11 am
lol why are we so sick we're pickin 'on skyfxl ?? Sky i personally think that you do a great job as a moderator , and you hold yer own very well against us so called more mature older schmucks .......

Posted Sun 02 Sep 07 @ 1:18 am
skyfxl wrote :
im afraid we had to shoot them:) lol , besides id hate for them to die tired :(

i dont actualy need to sleep i just recharge from the wall sockets

Heh, maybe you should upgrade yourself to a USB, then you can recharge whilst at work :P

Posted Sun 02 Sep 07 @ 4:28 am
do the squirrels have WMD ????

Posted Sun 02 Sep 07 @ 12:56 pm
Can filters be put in a "filters directory" instead of showing them all in the left bar, or something like show/hide filters?

Posted Sun 02 Sep 07 @ 1:08 pm
95%