Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Virtual DJ 5 - Soundquality compared to competitors

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

pjotreHome userMember since 2007
Hi everybody!

Sorry, it's kinda a repeating question, but I couldn't find any NEW information on this:

Right now I'm using Traktor Scratch but I'm not so happy with Traktor. I'm thinking about getting VDJ5 Pro. I was trying to find some comparison about the soundquality between the different vinyl-emulation-softwares on the market.

I was reading through this board and there seamed to be quite a few people thinking that Traktor's soundquality was superior to VDJ's. But they were mostly refering to older versions of VDJ. Especially if you left timestrech and the limiter on.

What do you think, is VDJ5 ready to beat Traktor on soundquality (a good soundcard given - in my case Audio8 DJ)?

Thanx for your help!

btw: Nice community!

Posted Thu 30 Aug 07 @ 11:08 am
NiemsPRO InfinityMember since 2006
http://ssl-wiki.help.bootlegs.de/index.php?title=Digital_Vinyl_Emulation_comparison_from_The_Axledental_DJ
(has not been updated to version 5, but sound should be similar)

Normal sound quality is just as good, however, last time i tried traktor, the timestretch (master tempo) had a better sound quality

BTW, anyone willing to update the Wiki?
I think VDJ needs to be replaced with Numark Virtual Vinyl because the other software listed there mostly include soundcards. This will give VV a superior set of stats compared to the others

On another note, I think it would be great if the big forum guys like Sky can set up a wiki page for VDJ :D

Posted Thu 30 Aug 07 @ 12:14 pm
pjotreHome userMember since 2007
thanx...

When I was playing around with the demo I noticed, that activating "Key Correction" makes the sound REALLY bad.....

Posted Thu 30 Aug 07 @ 1:09 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Niems wrote :
http://ssl-wiki.help.bootlegs.de/index.php?title=Digital_Vinyl_Emulation_comparison_from_The_Axledental_DJ
(has not been updated to version 5, but sound should be similar)

Sound will not be similar to V4 as there were refinements made in V5 to the TimeCode engine. The sound quality has increased and harmonics are better in V5.

Niems wrote :
I think VDJ needs to be replaced with Numark Virtual Vinyl because the other software listed there mostly include soundcards. This will give VV a superior set of stats compared to the others

VirtualVinyl wouldn't replace VirtualDJ they are different products, but use the same engine. However, I hope Numark would post some data as it would compliment and reinforce the Virtual DJ data.

Posted Thu 30 Aug 07 @ 1:24 pm
NiemsPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Yeah im not saying 'replaced' as in an end product, im saying on that LIST there. VV has all of VDJ's abilities PLUS the soundcard and included vivyl, which will make it look better amongst the others there.

Having VV and VDJ in that list will be 90% redundant

Posted Thu 30 Aug 07 @ 1:57 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)