Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Beginner starting out

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi

I am a newbie when it comes to DJ. I want to mix using my laptop to mix my mp3.

I was thinking of getting the Hercules MK2 mixer. How is it?

What amp,speakers and headphones you recommend for it? Brand and Model

Anything else I need?

I plan to just DJ for fun and for small party gathering with friends.

Thanks

Posted Tue 28 Aug 07 @ 4:47 am
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007
I would recommend you getting a Hercules mk2. It works great with a laptop. The console is a soundcard and a good basic control all in one. All so you get a copy of the home version of VDJ with it. It hasn't got some of the features that the pro version has, but it gets you started.

Now as for the amp set up, you don't really need to go for a top of the system, any home system will do. I connect my console to my Denon home system and it sounds great. I use some sennheiser HD25 pro they are quite expensive but they are worth it. But a cheap pair would be ideal to start you off.

Hope this helps

Jimmy b

Posted Tue 28 Aug 07 @ 5:04 am
Figure out what it is you want to do, and what kind of budget you have. Also, try to think ahead. You may not do video now, but may in the future. Buy stuff that will let you go to the next level. All the DJ's I know, always want to go to the next level. We are like junkies.

Posted Tue 28 Aug 07 @ 8:29 am
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
A Man and His Music wrote :
All the DJ's I know, always want to go to the next level. We are like junkies.

So well said man ;)
I remember my self not eating or going out just to save money for some gear, LOL.

Posted Tue 28 Aug 07 @ 4:09 pm
i'm have to hold mysef back every other day... The GC in 5 minutes away. 3 local computer store 5 munutes away..I always want to upgrade or think of a new way to use VDJ in a different way in my club.

Dac support is looking real good right now ; )

Posted Wed 29 Aug 07 @ 12:51 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)