Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Fade In points way off with V5

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Can someone give me the optimal settings for the automix so the songs don't fade in halfway through the song. I think I have the settings OK now... but Shakira Whenever/Wherever just faded in halfway through the first chrous.

Of course with single deck mixing in version 5... I cannot see the fade in/out points for the next song in advance so I have no way of knowing where the next song is going to start.

Thanks in advance.

Posted Sun 26 Aug 07 @ 3:11 am
Cascada - Miracle

Faded in right to the chorus... "I Need A Miracle....I wanna be your girl... " etc etc

Posted Sun 26 Aug 07 @ 3:38 am
Here is another strange instance. It just tried to beatmix SOS by Rihanna into When You Gonna Give It Up To Me by Sean Paul... even though I have auto pitch matching disabled. Why would it do this?

Posted Sun 26 Aug 07 @ 4:36 am
Okay I couldn't re-create the beatmixing errors.

Here's a couple of things you can try.

config/options:
auto pitch match - disabled
auto cue - disabled
disenguage beatlock - manual

ON Skin:
right click on the + sign in playlist area

Choose automix type: Fade (skip intro/outro)
You can also re-choose your fade length in theis area - I have set at 4 sec.

These Settings will cause automix to act like a pair of cd decks set to relay play.

Songs will play compleatly and fade out/in for transition - no beatmatching.

Give it a try.

Posted Sun 26 Aug 07 @ 6:16 am
Thanks. I forgot about the those extra automix settings under the plus sign. I had it set at smart (which IMO is not very smart LOL). I changed it to fade / keep intros.

We'll see if that helps. I am done with my automixing for now as I am spinnin' for real now... but I may do some more later on right before the club closes.

Posted Sun 26 Aug 07 @ 6:54 am
I got mine set at fade/keep intros and have it set at 8 and it is wonderful. Especially for video Super Smooth!!!!

Posted Sun 26 Aug 07 @ 8:04 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)