Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: ntc with vdj 5.0 headphone issue

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

ultsndsPRO InfinityMember since 2005
i hooked up numark total control to my laptop and vdj 5.0. everything works fine except (and i'm sure it's me) i can't cue up the next track because i can't hear it. what i'm trying to say is that before ntc we would keep the crossfader (right under automix) in the center and use our external mixer to play out with. that way if something was playing on deck 1 (audio or video) we could cue up deck 2 (audio or video) and crossfade over. with ntc it controls the crossfader on vdj and we can't cue up the next track without moving the crossfader back to the middle or other deck . i'm sure i'm not explaining this %100 accurately, but it's early. any help would be appreciated.

ultimately yours,
mike

Posted Thu 23 Aug 07 @ 5:23 pm

Right, so you are using TotalControl AND external mixer, at same time ?

And want to prelisten at the external mixer?

Okey, before you did not move the software crossfader in VDJ, but only on your external mixer.
Therfore you had 2 stereo outs from your soundcard, each to one seperate channel at the mixer, playing the output of each seperate virtual deck in VDJ. And by this, could cue (prelisten) at external mixer.

When you add TotalControl to the equation, you start moving the VirtualDJ software crossfader too.. and it cuts sound.

So before I go further, let me ask first what you want?

1) USE TOTAL CONTROL FADER TO CROSSFADE VIDEO ONLY`? (and crossfade audio on external mixer)

2) USE TOTAL CONTROL TO CROSSFADE AUDIO (and possible video too)

Posted Thu 23 Aug 07 @ 5:57 pm
ultsndsPRO InfinityMember since 2005
i'd like to be able to use it to control both audio & video, but would be okay with just controlling video.

if it helps, i'm using a pioneer djm 3000 mixer with a gigaport.

ultimately yours,
mike

Posted Thu 23 Aug 07 @ 8:56 pm

okey, for AUDIO + VIDEO crossfade on the TotalControl, leaving prelisten at the Pioneer mixer to this:

1) In soundcard options choose SPEAKER + HEADSET

2) In Virtual DJ options, turn Auto Headphones OFF

3) On the Pioneer Mixer, turn up BOTH channels that VirtualDJ is connected to, and leave crossfader MIDDLE

Now, you can prelisten at the Pioneer mixer to the other deck ;)

Posted Thu 23 Aug 07 @ 9:46 pm

To move the audio crossfading to Pioneer, and only have video crossfade on the TotalControl, do this:

1) Choose external mixer as output in VDJ sound setting

2) Link video crossfader to audio crossfader in Video setting

3)Then disable crossfader in VDJ general options settings

Posted Thu 23 Aug 07 @ 9:47 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)