Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Auto Remove played

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

chunguyPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hello friends

Cute version 5.0! :D

Any way for auto remove played on playlist?

Thanks!

Posted Thu 23 Aug 07 @ 11:19 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
No there is not a Auto-Remove Played -- simply click the Playlist ( + ) menu and choose Remove Played

Posted Thu 23 Aug 07 @ 3:28 pm
Personally, I like that the playlist tracks are retained. There have been many, many occassions that I have had to cut a playlist track short for some "event" during the gig, then I had to remember what it was, search for it and return it to the playlist. I rather like the control of being able to choose WHEN to remove the played tracks...Pretty cool ;-)

Posted Sat 25 Aug 07 @ 7:57 am
That's a nice idea, but you can always look at the playlist. I don't like it because you can automix then play a song and go back to automix it replays the songs that have already been played. Personally I kind of liked watching it mix from player to player, not sure how I feel about it now.

Posted Sun 26 Aug 07 @ 12:26 am
Simply remove the ones played manually!! It is as easy as that!

Posted Sun 26 Aug 07 @ 8:08 am

did that and nothing was removed
anyone else?

Posted Sat 29 Sep 07 @ 10:23 pm
kotdbPRO InfinityMember since 2007
The tracks are automatically removed on my verion 5.2.

I would prefer them to stay in my playlist to be honest. I used to remove them manually. If I have actually played I can remove them rather than just loaded them up then thought better of it. In my version they disappear even if I have just loaded them on the deck them removed them again.

Posted Wed 03 Oct 07 @ 7:34 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
kotdb wrote :
The tracks are automatically removed on my verion 5.2.

I would prefer them to stay in my playlist to be honest. I used to remove them manually. If I have actually played I can remove them rather than just loaded them up then thought better of it. In my version they disappear even if I have just loaded them on the deck them removed them again.

Are you describing what happens when using Automix ? Because if you are using the Playlist like you did in 4.3 then that's where your problem is. Playlist panel functions differently in version 5.

Sidelist panel with the Auto Save Unplayed option Enabled will capture any tracks that are replaced on the deck before they are played - does the function of the version 4.x where you would have the repeat option checked in the playlist menu.

The new History tracking now captures all the played tracks as they are played (based on the HistoryTimer) to a .m3u file that can be found in the History navigation section in the left browser panel.

Posted Wed 03 Oct 07 @ 8:59 pm
kotdb wrote :

When I drag a track from the playlist to a deck, the track is removed from my playlist. Is there a way to prevent this from happening? I like how Auto-Mix goes through a track, but the track stays there until removed by selecting tracks and pressing the "Delete" key or the "Remove played" option.

Posted Thu 11 Oct 07 @ 8:53 am
I see what is being said here and have had the same thing happen, here is an example, I put on the automix to run to the can, I come back. turn off automix and keep going, but dont remove already played tracks, then I reinable the automix and IT will play the first track on the playlist whether it was played or not. If you dont have repeat on I feel it shouldnt play the already played track.

Posted Thu 11 Oct 07 @ 10:20 am
Hi, I have just upgraded from 4.3 to 5.0 r5 and have been playing around with the new setup trying to get familiar with it before my next gig, (which is Saturday). Seem to have got it all sorted aside from the automix issue which you mention. I KDJ and therefore need to cue up the mp3-g to a satisfactory point before hiting the mix now,(which I have assigned to the left and right keys depending on which deck i need to manually fade to) , then after 'said' mp3-g has played, I often switch back to automix. The fact that it then reverts back to the first track on the playlist is quite worrying as it only takes a slight distraction to cause the oversight of not manually deleting played tracks from the playlist, and during a rowdy karaoke there are plenty of opportunities for this to happen!.
When doing non KDJ Disco's I always used to go manual for the night, but since the smoking ban the use of automix has become ever more invaluable.
Just think it would be good if you : A) - Could set the playlist to automatically delete played tracks
or B) - Had the option to revert back to the old style dual deck automix

Posted Wed 21 Nov 07 @ 4:33 am
I am pretty sure that the old style Auto-Mix feature is going to be implemented for v5.1 from all of the racket I have read about the new Auto-Mix.

Posted Fri 23 Nov 07 @ 3:37 am
I believe it!

Posted Fri 23 Nov 07 @ 7:02 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)