Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: cdg decoder - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Help plez...My cdg files from zip files is not loading in VDJ5, the mp3 does but no video???? is there a cdg decoder....I've been searching the past hour and 1/2 in the forum...and have gone thru vdj5 manual but no luck....

thanks much

GREAT JOB with VDJ5...so much better than PCDJ!!!! you guys rock!!!!!!!!!

MARK ALLEN

Posted Wed 22 Aug 07 @ 1:16 am
I have the same problem,I can play any of my vob files,mp3's play fine but many of my mp3+g zip files will only play the audio portion,several work ok with the graphics showing ok.These are the same files that have worked in every update from 3.2 to 4.3.
I just love all the improvements made on version 5.0,I do wish my automix button worked for a "mix now " function.
Thank you everyone for all your hard work and nice job on the new website it looks great.

Dan

Posted Wed 22 Aug 07 @ 4:10 am
I agree (mix now) button is needed.......

Thanks
MARK

but i still LOVE VDJ5..this would be a plus to have in next update.........

Posted Wed 22 Aug 07 @ 4:23 am
What changed from v4.3 to 5.0 as far as reading zipped files,Is it a different codec? If so would it be possible to extract this from 4.3 and install it in to 5.0?I'm looking for some last ditch answers before I uninstall v5 and have to go back to 4.3.It appears the majority of my zipped mp3+g files will only play the audio portion.As I stated above these files have always worked from v3.2 up to 4.3 and they work with Sax & Dotty.Help!!! I love version 5 and don't want to go back. Dan

Posted Wed 22 Aug 07 @ 11:26 pm
UPDATE:I uninstalled V5.0 and did a fresh install,retried same problem.Next I uninstalled V5.0 and Installed a full version of 4.3 now all my zipped files work perfectly. Dan

Posted Wed 22 Aug 07 @ 11:44 pm
in 4.3 and earlier you could add under (extension) cdg (Decoder) Karaoke cdg/zip decoder on the (Codecs tab) under settings for vd 4.3 we don't have that for VDJ5

SMILE tag you're it

MARK

Posted Thu 23 Aug 07 @ 12:00 am
UPDATE:I uninstalled V5.0 and did a fresh install,retried same problem.Next I uninstalled V5.0 and Installed a full version of 4.3 now all my zipped files work perfectly. Dan....

was there a copy of 4.3 on your system.. before you did a fresh installed vdj5

MARK

Posted Thu 23 Aug 07 @ 12:02 am

VDJ 5 have a different ZIP decoder to compensate for the fact that Vista sees Zip files as folders.

But, during beta test - noone mentioned anything about karaoke not working. So hopefully someone can post the solution real soon...

(I'm sorry, I dont have any karaokefiles)

Posted Thu 23 Aug 07 @ 12:02 am
No problem..I'm very HAPPY w/ VDJ and sure there is a cure or solution coming soon....unless there is something I'm Missing.......

Have a FANTASTIC NIGHT

DJMAZ/MARK ALLEN

Posted Thu 23 Aug 07 @ 12:07 am
Thanks Norway.
doyou think it would be possible to just add the old decoder into a file?I'm not a computer genius so if that was a dumb statement and your still laughing I'll understand. Dan

PS @Mark LOL

Posted Thu 23 Aug 07 @ 12:07 am
Pirate at 40 wrote :
Thanks Norway.
doyou think it would be possible to just add the old decoder into a file?I'm not a computer genius so if that was a dumb statement and your still laughing I'll understand. Dan

PS @Mark LOL

If you are on vista, the old one would not work I think.. as Vista makes VDJ see Zip files as folders.

But I'll check into the karaoke thing ...

Posted Thu 23 Aug 07 @ 12:09 am
dj-in-norway wrote :

If you are on vista, the old one would not work I think.. as Vista makes VDJ see Zip files as folders.

But I'll check into the karaoke thing ...

I'm using Windows XP sp2

Posted Thu 23 Aug 07 @ 12:21 am
SAME HERE WINDOWS XP PRO.....NO PROBLEMS WITH VDJ4.3

THANKS FOR POSTS!!! AND TRYING TO RESOLVE

DJMAZ/MARK ALLEN

Posted Thu 23 Aug 07 @ 12:24 am
Mark what video card are you using? My Gig laptop has a ATI 256meg.
I tried version 5 on my home desktop with an NVIDIA card and my inop. zip files appear to work. Dan

Posted Fri 24 Aug 07 @ 12:37 am
Hmm, I'm only seeing a problem with a few tracks. Perhaps they are just corrupted in my case.

Posted Fri 24 Aug 07 @ 12:59 am

- THOSE HAVING PROBLEMS WITH ZIP

Can you please try this :

1) Unzip the file
2) Rezip using WINDOWS zip decoder

does it work now ?

Posted Fri 24 Aug 07 @ 1:04 am
Didn't work for me. However I'm uploading one of my files that doesn't work so maybe somebody else will test it. Then I will know if mine are just bad files or what.

Posted Fri 24 Aug 07 @ 1:24 am

Posted Fri 24 Aug 07 @ 1:35 am
http://www.sendspace.com/file/4vl80i

Here we are. I really think mine is just corrupted though because it's only like 3 out of 100 that I checked. I don't have 4.3 installed anymore so I can't check it to see if it works there either. At first I thought it had to do with the little glitches at the beginning but that's not it either as I found another one like that and it worked.

Posted Fri 24 Aug 07 @ 1:47 am

VDJ sees that Zip as a file, it auto opens my video window...
But it doent display the text

maybe someone can try the same file in VDJ 4.3 ?

Posted Fri 24 Aug 07 @ 1:53 am
57%