Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: HERCULES DJ MK2 VS NUMARK TOTAL CONTROL

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

has n e one got a break down off the two usb powered consoles? if so, what would u reccomend? i understand that the HDJMK2

Posted Mon 20 Aug 07 @ 10:59 pm
sorry..continued..HDJMK2 had a built in sound card wheras the NTC doesnt..?

Posted Mon 20 Aug 07 @ 11:00 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Correct.

The Hercules is better if your on a budget and need a soundcard included in the price, but the Total control is only a controller, a bigger and better controller at that, but both are very good "dual" deck controllers.

Posted Mon 20 Aug 07 @ 11:49 pm
right..so there both controllers..but sayin that, if i have a pair of decks, and im using VDJ..then what more control do i need? unless i want to replace my decks completely? what can i not do on my screen and external mixer with decks that i can do with HDJMK2/NTC?

Posted Tue 21 Aug 07 @ 12:03 am
Well, your a home dj... Nothing else is required if your just there to learn the program and click the mouse and keyboard. For the professional who like to have a more broad spectrum of utility, easy access, manipulation and better control. An external control is needed. Plus, many profession DJ's don't like to sit there on a computer screen and "click" away. Somekind of control lets them be part of the party. We all can sit at our booth and hide behind the wall or table. But that wouldn't be very professional or interactive with the crowd, would it?

Posted Tue 21 Aug 07 @ 12:19 am
mastersav wrote :
right..so there both controllers..but sayin that, if i have a pair of decks, and im using VDJ..then what more control do i need? unless i want to replace my decks completely? what can i not do on my screen and external mixer with decks that i can do with HDJMK2/NTC?

You can use your decks to control VDJ via timecodes, but you'll need a soundcard with two stereo outs and two stereo ins (three stereo outs if you want to preview the sample section through headphones) inorder to make it all work. The mk2 will provide 2 in 2 out for timecodes, but I'd recommend something else for that option. I use the delta 1010lt (pci bus) for my timecode setup, but if you need an external card the u46dj is a pretty sweet card;^]

Posted Tue 21 Aug 07 @ 12:25 am
i understand where your coming from..and yes, to a certain degre i agree..just that im in the process of buying some new equipment, and was just a lil unsure about various products.. i just didnt want to be in a position where i would be purchasing equipment i didnt feel i needed..hence, the reason im asking..and when it comes to interacting with the crowd, is that not possible with decks/mixer..well, obvious question really, of course it is..i suppose the question im asking is if the HDJMK2/NTC are worth that extra bit of controll..if they truley do fall into use? you see, iv been mixing at home for a while now, i started off young..but recently have just got back into it..iv put a few mix tapes together etc..and im hopefully wanting to get a spot at a local club perhaps, and basically work my way up...sooner or later, buy some better qualit equipment with any profits made..just need a starting point, hence, the reason im approaching the pro's..lol

Posted Tue 21 Aug 07 @ 12:30 am
If you want to use timecodes, you don't really need a controller, you can program effects, samples, loops, etc. to your computer keyboard. However, using a controller as a mobile dj has a major advantage, which is portability. The mk2 will fit right into a backpack with a laptop and still leaves room for cables and accesories. Even comes with a top cover and shoulder strap;^]

Posted Tue 21 Aug 07 @ 12:41 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)