Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: So whats your favourite thing about the upgrade?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

d-v-intPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Well 1st of all props to the new look of the site, its lost the almost fisher-price look and now looks a lot more prefessional.

I have to say for me the biggest improvment is the upgraded midi control. My xone:3d finally works with VDJ. And perfectly might I add, also problems I used to have with endless encoders and pots are also gone. Gone too are the strange stray midi signals that only VDJ used to pick up.

Only one thing though, when I map my x-fader it will only slide really fast to the far left or far right and not smoothly in line with the actual fader. Is there a certain setting I should have the variables at to get it to act more like it should.

Other than that this is in my opinion the best upgrade since I got onboard at v2.4

Excellent work team, I think you should give yourselfs a pat on the back.

P.S. If at all possible can you give us an approx time frame for the mac release as thats when I'll be able to use this out and also will my midi-map from the pc port to the mac version?

Posted Mon 20 Aug 07 @ 8:00 pm
Let's see, my favorite things.
-Crates load up perfectly - down to the subcrates.
-Less cpu usage{I can go all the way down to 64on the buffer(1ms)}. Not that 2ms is bad but this is awesome.
-ID3tag support, works great(as far as VDJ can allow it to go).
So far, that's it. I'm a happy man.

Posted Mon 20 Aug 07 @ 8:11 pm
My favorite thing is.... Wait, I don't have it- YET!

Posted Mon 20 Aug 07 @ 10:29 pm
fatkatzdj wrote :
My favorite thing is.... Wait, I don't have it- YET!

You will.. very soon, it takes a while to compile the version for all the cue users.

my favorite new feature:
- ClipBank
- FavoriteFolder
- New timecode engine

Posted Mon 20 Aug 07 @ 11:59 pm
Timecode pitch read out is far more accurate despite running by default at a faster response rate. Timecode sound does not deteriorate when disabling timecode control. Timecode bypass has been readded and sounds perfectly good, not distorted.

The filters are good too, but will absolutely love to see the suggestions I made in another thread about more intelligent filtering to be added. That and make VirtualDJ not skip when minimizing the program, although this could be more of a windows/hardware specific problem, alt+tabbing works fine.

Posted Tue 21 Aug 07 @ 12:10 am
I think I've written it somewhere else, but my favourite thing is that sometimes the video would pause for a fraction of a second in vdj4 when I started to load up the next track- not anymore!!!

Optimising code can't be very glamorous, because there's no shiny new feature to add to the sales information or anything, but it's definately helped me!

Got to love the filter folders idea aswell, very nice, and itunes support, and serato support, and the coverflow, and the clipbank, and the new automix, I'd say it was pretty much all good!

I think it's easy to see in the new version that that software has matured quite alot- it could always play pretty well, but now it can boast all these nice little extras.

Posted Tue 21 Aug 07 @ 4:33 am
d-v-intPRO InfinityMember since 2004
andytaylor125 wrote :
I think I've written it somewhere else, but my favourite thing is that sometimes the video would pause for a fraction of a second in vdj4 when I started to load up the next track- not anymore!!!

Optimising code can't be very glamorous, because there's no shiny new feature to add to the sales information or anything, but it's definately helped me!

Got to love the filter folders idea aswell, very nice, and itunes support, and serato support, and the coverflow, and the clipbank, and the new automix, I'd say it was pretty much all good!

I think it's easy to see in the new version that that software has matured quite alot- it could always play pretty well, but now it can boast all these nice little extras.

Yes there are some nice little extras but what I think people are really happy about are the fixes to the main meat of the program like your video fix small little things that make the software almost 100% better.

Posted Tue 21 Aug 07 @ 10:10 am
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
New browser and Video sampler for sure!

Posted Tue 21 Aug 07 @ 10:46 am
jaakkoPRO InfinityMember since 2006

Less CPU usage & better engine definitely!

First time ever I get rid of clicks and pops and i can use performace tab at full with enchanced master tempo! Sound quality is always most important thing on DJing... I'm very happy now with 5.0 :)

Posted Tue 21 Aug 07 @ 2:48 pm
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
....FILTER FOLDERS....

Posted Tue 21 Aug 07 @ 2:57 pm
bobbiePRO InfinityMember since 2003
new browser + id3v2 tag handling + filter folders which are just awesome.

new automix and covers, I don't care at all...

Posted Tue 21 Aug 07 @ 7:56 pm
Definitely a big fan of ID3 tag support. Awesome to be able to look through the genres now especially. That's a big help in a pinch!

I'm also quite fond of the clipbank plugin :D

Posted Tue 21 Aug 07 @ 8:16 pm
SOUND QUALITY MUCH IMPROVED! PERFORMANCE TAB TOO!

Thanks to the vdj team making the best dj software in the world even better.

Jose
www.justoutstandingentertainment.com

Posted Wed 22 Aug 07 @ 2:59 am
djirschPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Pitch is not resetting anymore when switching deck control using only 1 TCV. I have been waiting for that fix since 4.0, it tooks a very very long time to get the fix, but now I'm happy with VDJ5.0. Please never break it again 8-)

Posted Wed 22 Aug 07 @ 3:14 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)