Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Upgraded but lost my Playlist

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I must have done something wrong. I am not the best at reading before installing software, but I upgraded to 5.0 and I don't have anymore playlists. PLEASE tell me I can do something to get them back!! Or am I now screwed and have to start over again from scratch?!?!

Posted Mon 20 Aug 07 @ 12:41 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
these are now called "history"

in the browser please consult the new feature manual for more infomation on v5

Posted Mon 20 Aug 07 @ 12:42 am

Go to BROWSER option in VirtualDJ, enable "HISTORY"

Posted Mon 20 Aug 07 @ 12:43 am
It is enabled but my playlists can't be found

Posted Mon 20 Aug 07 @ 12:50 am

your OLD playlists arent there if thats what you mean

You need to COPY them from VirtualDJ 4 folder ( programfiles/virtualdj/playlist) to VirtualDJ5 folder (my documents/virtualdj/playlist)

Posted Mon 20 Aug 07 @ 12:55 am
dj-in-norway wrote :

your OLD playlists arent there if thats what you mean

You need to COPY them from VirtualDJ 4 folder ( programfiles/virtualdj/playlist) to VirtualDJ5 folder (my documents/virtualdj/playlist)

That's what I am saying and they are not in the old vdj 4 file either. They are just gone!! I had them there last night. Did the upgrade and now nothing!!!! I'm so confused

Posted Mon 20 Aug 07 @ 12:58 am

VirtualDJ 5 installs in My Document folder, and does nothing to the VirtualDJ4 folder.

programfiles/virtualdj/playlist

Sure they arent there?

Posted Mon 20 Aug 07 @ 1:00 am
100% not there. I for the life of me can't understand. I don't think I deleted it, not that I couldn't have, but really sure I didn't delete all of them.

Posted Mon 20 Aug 07 @ 1:05 am

hum, I cant understand either, other than you did something, or something odd happened.

Did you move them for backup before install or something you have forgotten about?

Try search your C:/ drive for *.m3u

Posted Mon 20 Aug 07 @ 1:09 am
Nope!! Gone. Hell even my history is gone. The only thing there is the 2 songs I play today before I closed down Virtual to restart it. No history, no playlists, really weird. I guess I have to start over.

Posted Mon 20 Aug 07 @ 1:28 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)