Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Demo v5

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hello all, i've been waiting awhile for this type of release of Virtual DJ....but before i shell out my cash, 239 today (good deal) i was wondering if there was a demo of the 5.0 i can try and see if it meets my needs....

thx for any response...

Posted Sun 19 Aug 07 @ 7:15 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
I doubt very much there is a V5 demo as CUE users don't have V5 yet. Just trust us when we tell you this. Buy it today, now! Remember with your purchase you get lifetime free upgrades. That alone is worth the price!!

Posted Sun 19 Aug 07 @ 7:21 pm
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
I don't know when the 5.0 demo will be available, but the offer is for today only.
I'd say try the 4.x demo now and watch carefully the 5.0 preview video.
It's enough for you to make the right decision ..!

Posted Sun 19 Aug 07 @ 7:22 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Hi djbabylon,
I doubt the 5.0 demo will be available today, but what is available is a special 20% discount to celebrate the launch of 5.0, this special discount is available today only!

I suggest you use the existing Demo, and read about 5.0's new features here (on the site), if that's not enough to convince you then nothing is!

Purchase today or regret it tommorow..

Go ahead, make your day..

Posted Sun 19 Aug 07 @ 7:25 pm
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
^^2nd That^^

Posted Sun 19 Aug 07 @ 7:26 pm
well since there are users that are using this alot now and have tried it out. I have 2 questions before i make my purchase..... as stated before in another previous post ive made, i am a strip club dj.....i need the ability to group the virtual folders that u can make with vdj.... i need to basically be able to make sub-groups of the virtual folders..that is a big neccesity for me. also....i was wondering if the new version gives u the ability to have mulitple database's, for example...i have a hard drive that i use specifallcy for when i do karoake dj'oing, and then i have 3 drives for my day to day work...i do not want the karaoke and other stuff coming up in my global searches......understand? any information will be greatly helpful, and persuay me, if this is not available i will have to wait on my purchase, and continue using bpm studio for it does exactly what i need with the stability.......

thx alot....

dj babylon

Posted Sun 19 Aug 07 @ 7:35 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Babylon - download the Update Guide [ http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/74929/General_Discussion/VirtualDJ_5_-_New_Features_user_guide.html ] to answer your question about the Database - but yes is the short answer along with other enhancements that I am sure you will like.

As for the Virtual Folders - No, not in this immediate release. It is something that was asked for and tabled to possibly v5.1 -- with that said, I think you will find the Filter Folders a great option along with the builtin Genre sort tree. Allot of new possibilities for management of your collection.

cstoll

Posted Sun 19 Aug 07 @ 7:39 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
Yes v5 supports folders..and genres..as well as swapping HDs for video, music, and karaoke. For example..I set up all my cue points on my EXT hd and go your your club..I can plug on my HD and all the cue points and BPM will be there already. The Dev Team put a lot of thought and hard work into this product. It is great..I have been running mine pretty hard on my laptop to ring it out. Its working great! Stop Reading..GO BUY ALREADY.... ;-)

Posted Sun 19 Aug 07 @ 7:39 pm
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
djbabylon wrote :
well since there are users that are using this alot now and have tried it out. I have 2 questions before i make my purchase..... as stated before in another previous post ive made, i am a strip club dj.....i need the ability to group the virtual folders that u can make with vdj.... i need to basically be able to make sub-groups of the virtual folders..that is a big neccesity for me. also....i was wondering if the new version gives u the ability to have mulitple database's, for example...i have a hard drive that i use specifallcy for when i do karoake dj'oing, and then i have 3 drives for my day to day work...i do not want the karaoke and other stuff coming up in my global searches......understand? any information will be greatly helpful, and persuay me, if this is not available i will have to wait on my purchase, and continue using bpm studio for it does exactly what i need with the stability.......

thx alot....

dj babylon

- For the first question, it is something that i suggested and it is on the list for 5.1 or later.
For now you can do wonders with the filter folders..
- For the second question, yes multiple databases are supported, also you can easily filter the search results to display only music or video or karaoke or both...

Posted Sun 19 Aug 07 @ 7:48 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)