Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: V5 Please Explain

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Just found the features list for V5, noticed the "mix" button has disappeared from the top unless in automix mode, but it doesn't actually seem to do anything. Can someone please explain these from the features list :-

One-click beat matching and synchronisation (new FAME algorithm)
BeatLock engine: your songs will always stay in time, and you can work your mixes incredibly faster than any other DJ could
Automatic beat-matched crossfading

Thanks

Posted Sun 19 Aug 07 @ 3:44 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
TopHouse,
The features list for 5.0 hasn't yet been completed and released, what your reading is the old features list renamed to 5.0 for the sake of the website, the full and proper list is comming very shortly, as is the 5.0 manual.

That will explain your findings.

It seems that there is no need or desire in the professional DJ market for a software that "does the work for you", especially not beatmixing etc, but what is REALLY needed is an Automix mode that allows DJ's to be out of the booth, to play song after song and even attempt to sync the two tracks. That's something that 5.0 offers, a very improved Automix engine.

Try this, enable Automix, load songs in the playlist, when you want a particular song to "mix in" or "crossover", simply double click that track, and there it is, two click transition :).

Play around with the settings for a while, I think you'll agree it's MUCH better now.

Posted Sun 19 Aug 07 @ 3:48 pm
i wish i wasn't working tonight .... i wanna turn this thing every way but loose ........

Posted Sun 19 Aug 07 @ 4:01 pm
> NEW Timecode Engine
> NEW TimeCode Plugins

Maybe this will fix my timecode pitching issue, can`t wait to try it out @ home

Posted Sun 19 Aug 07 @ 4:27 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Yes, And I believe Apopsis is putting together a guide for the TimeCode stuff. So I didn't not include any information in the updates guide.

Posted Sun 19 Aug 07 @ 4:43 pm
Thx for the info, cstoll, appreciate it !

Posted Sun 19 Aug 07 @ 5:24 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)