Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: UPLOADING PROMO ONLY VIDEOS

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hello all !! - Just back from A.C. DJ Expo and new to this forum. - I've ripped a Promo Only video disc to my hard drive using DVD Decrypter. - It has taken 54 tracks and reduced them to 10 VOB files. - How do I upload so that the individual tracks remain in tact ???

Posted Fri 17 Aug 07 @ 4:07 pm
Drummond
I also use DVD decrypter. When ripping the files have it set to ripped by chapter. Then you will have to retag the file name and then you can copy it to your hardrive

Posted Fri 17 Aug 07 @ 8:21 pm
DJ Angel S
Thanks so much for your reply !!! - I am still new to this - can you possibly walk me through the proper settings for DVD Decrypter. - I'm not sure I know how to set it to rip chapters. - thanks for your help !!!

Posted Fri 17 Aug 07 @ 9:17 pm
Drummond: I can rip and rename about 15 videos in about 20 minutes... After you do a couple, you will find a pattern and recognize which videos are coded. This way you can rip the ones you prefer.

Make sure you change the destination file you will wish to rip to... Sometimes I get in a flow of ripping and playing video game or watching tv, that I forget to make of couple of checks. Either way, it can be resolved in matter of moments.

I do hope you find a our help useful and become a pro user soon.... Theres alot of knowledge here for the taking. But mainly for the PRO LEVEL.

Posted Fri 17 Aug 07 @ 9:28 pm
KregCZPRO InfinityMember since 2005
OK here you go step-by-step directions on how to rip Promo Only DVDs to your hard drive using DVD Decrypter:
1st Make a directory labeled something like “Promo Only Videos” Or “Music Videos”

2nd In that directory make a file named the same as the disk you are ripping.
(every time you rip a DVD it needs to have it’s own file branch until this process is done, after it’s all named you can do whatever you want with them, but it’s best to keep them in this type of file system)

3rd Open DVD Decrypter

4th Go to “Settings” in the “Tool” menu at the top left of the program.

5th Go to the tab labeled “General” you will see a section there called “Default Destination” Click “Custom”
And make sure it is sending the files to the directory you made for the DVD.

6th Go to the tab labeled “File Mode” you will see a drop box for “File Splitting” Chose “By Vob ID”

7th Go to the tab labeled “IFO Mode” you will see a drop box for “File Splitting” Chose “By Chapter”
Click “OK”

8th Then start decrypting.

9th Go to the directory you ripped them to, sort the files by size and delete all the menu & small files (under 10 megs).

Next read this thread on how to rename all the files using “Lupas Renamer”

http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/63818/General_Discussion/File_renaming_software.html?highlight=lupas%20renamer

One thing you don’t need to do, that the thread tells you to do in Lupas is rearrange the song list as follows: 1,10,11,12,13,etc,2,20,21,22,23,etc,3,30,31,32,33,34,etc,4,40,41,etc…
DVD Decrypter names the files as 001, 002, 003, etc so the files will always be numbered in the right order and you don’t have to rearrange the song list.

Posted Sat 18 Aug 07 @ 4:47 am
KregCZ -

AWESOME INFO !!! - THANKS SO MUCH FOR TAKING THE TIME TO EXPLAIN IT !!! - I FOLLOWED YOUR DIRECTIONS AND HAVE SUCCESSFULY RIPPED MY FIRST DISC !!!!!

D

Posted Sat 18 Aug 07 @ 9:53 am
Also you can just click my name on the left and take a look at my blog and the tutorial that covers all settings in dvddecrypter and give full instructions for ripping music videos.

Posted Sat 18 Aug 07 @ 12:36 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)