Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Music discussion

Topic: Playing to Italian teenagers... any suggestions?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

djsherzPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I've been talked into covering a gig for a DJ friend of mine this thursday, and I'm not sure what kinda music they're going to be asking for.

Staffordshire University runs various summer school/exchange programmes out of term time, and this week it's a group of Italian teenagers on some kind of exchange thing... However, I don't know any Italian folks, nor have I ever been to Italy, so I have no idea as to what the music scene's like.

A quick look at the charts suggests the usual wishy-washy mix of commercial R&B, along with a few native artists I've never heard of. Any thoughts on what the kids are into over there? It's only a small gig, and only 2 1/2 hours long, but I'd like to try and be prepared to give them what they want!

Posted Tue 14 Aug 07 @ 6:35 am
kaoz99PRO InfinityMember since 2006
djsherz wrote :
I've been talked into covering a gig for a DJ friend of mine this thursday, and I'm not sure what kinda music they're going to be asking for.

Staffordshire University runs various summer school/exchange programmes out of term time, and this week it's a group of Italian teenagers on some kind of exchange thing... However, I don't know any Italian folks, nor have I ever been to Italy, so I have no idea as to what the music scene's like.

A quick look at the charts suggests the usual wishy-washy mix of commercial R&B, along with a few native artists I've never heard of. Any thoughts on what the kids are into over there? It's only a small gig, and only 2 1/2 hours long, but I'd like to try and be prepared to give them what they want!

Be safe and play comercial stuff u cant go wrong. maybe check out the Italian dance & house charts to see whats playing there.. check this link out http://www.deejay.it/dj/programma?idProgramma=11

hope this helps you
cheers
Kaoz

Posted Tue 14 Aug 07 @ 9:24 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)