Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Mixmeister Tool

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

NAWTBOYPRO InfinityMember since 2003
In 4.3 if I have the ID3 tags set to title and comment and I have analysed the track with the mixmeister tool...will vdj get the bpm from the id3 tag???

Posted Tue 14 Aug 07 @ 1:31 am
It will display the bpm if VirtualDJ hasn't previously seen that mp3 file before. But it will never use the value from it.

Posted Tue 14 Aug 07 @ 1:40 am
NAWTBOYPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Im confused....

So if its a new mp3 and i analyse it....it will show me the analyzed bpm....

but as soon as i load the track it will overrite it? and then have the vdj bpm?

Posted Tue 14 Aug 07 @ 2:06 am
thats funny because I used the tool and VDJ did not show the BPMs at all, one reason is because VDJ does not read that part of the tag. I suggest you analyze your mp3s with the tool, then use tag rename to rename the file name with the BPM in the file name Ex 50 cents- 90.00 - IN THE CLUB. This way you will always have your BPMs.

Posted Tue 14 Aug 07 @ 6:41 am
VDJ does read that part of the tag. But it is limited in it's tag reading ability in that if a file is already in your database, then it won't look for tags. You don't have to have analysed a file for it to be in your database. Any compatible file which VirtualDJ has ever seen in a directory you've been in will be in your database.

That's why I said it will only work if VirtualDJ hasn't seen that file before. I use Tag&Rename too and just tried what I've said, it works.

However, even though VirtualDJ will read the bpm tag, it will not use the bpm information.

Posted Tue 14 Aug 07 @ 6:57 am
ive experienced this same problem... i now bpm my files with mixmeister tool and then copy the bpm info into the comments field with tag&rename before opening vdj.

is there a way to trick vdj into looking for tags that have already been analyzed or seen? for example... clearing the database? i do have older files that vdj wont read the tag info correctly. how do we get around this issue?

Posted Tue 14 Aug 07 @ 9:23 pm
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
Yeah, many new reasons in V5 to get VDJ Pro!
Consider purchase ;)

Posted Wed 15 Aug 07 @ 2:03 pm
Seeing as noone commented on my post from that thread (every post seems to be about looks rather than functionality), will we have to copy tags to the database individually for every single file. Or can we display all files recursively and then tell VirtualDJ to copy the tag information for the selected fields and overwrite the existing VirtualDJ database information if the tag is not blank?

Posted Wed 15 Aug 07 @ 2:09 pm
JeremKPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
@Andrew87

I think it has already been said, that VIPs and teamers cannot say anything more on the next version. Just wait and see!

Posted Wed 15 Aug 07 @ 3:21 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)