Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: When is Automix feature gonna be fixed?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I'm a reseller and user of VDJ(well, CUE). I have had complaints of the Automix feature not working properly on VDJ from several customers. Numark USA tech support has been promising there will be a fix "soon" for much too long to keep customers happy. Is there any word on when this bug will be fixed? Thanks for any replies.

sean

Posted Mon 13 Aug 07 @ 10:38 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
elitedjs wrote :
I'm a reseller and user of VDJ(well, CUE).

What do you mean re-seller? BTW I use auto all the time with no problems, I used it yesterday for five hours, not a hiccup.

Posted Mon 13 Aug 07 @ 10:40 pm
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
It is said it be fixed in the next updates,.,, which should be on the way now...soon..hehe n for the information automix even in the current version could also be achieve as what window media player etc performed with correct setting.. :)

Posted Mon 13 Aug 07 @ 10:50 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I'm not sure what problem your refereing to? I don't use the Automix feaure.

But, Automix is not a feature that's aimed at Automatically mixing songs together perfectly, it's aimed at playing songs one after the other, with or without some overlap.

Posted Mon 13 Aug 07 @ 10:52 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
elitedjs wrote :
I'm a reseller and user of VDJ(well, CUE). I have had complaints of the Automix feature not working properly on VDJ from several customers. Numark USA tech support has been promising there will be a fix "soon" for much too long to keep customers happy. Is there any word on when this bug will be fixed? Thanks for any replies.

sean

Well I guess I would do some research and compile a list of possible solutions from this forum for the users to try. Or, better yet have them register here and do the research themselves.

I will tell you that the majority of the Automix problems have stemmed from -
1. Improperly maintained O/S environment (i.e. DirectX not up-to-date)
2. Previously using or still having a CRACK version installed
3. Improper performance configurations
4. Improper automix points not corrected in the database from them being set from experiencing the problem.

I will concede that there are still some that say they have attempted resolution on all three of those points with no luck. Unfortunately I can not confirm their efforts and lack of success. But I can confirm that several people have corrected their problem from the help on this site in various threads.

Where to look for the most active discussions - General, PC Troubleshooting and Bug forums.

It is not a programming flaw - it's a system conflict flaw. If it was programming then a majority of users would have the problem not a minority.

cstoll

Posted Mon 13 Aug 07 @ 11:19 pm
Can some one from VDJ comment on this please. This is the problem::

Using "Automix ON" ("Automix Now" works fine).

Intermitent probem occurs at the end of cross-fade, described as follows:

1) Track playing on active deck, next track waiting on inactive deck, playlist window contains tracks to follow

2) Active deck reaches exit point, inactive deck begins to play, cross-fader begins to fade to inactive deck

Were fine up to this point....

3) Now when the crossfader reaches full fade, this is where the trouble may (or may not) happen: The track on the now-active deck will jump somewhere randomly into the middle of the song... Also, the track at the top of the playlist will just disapear.

This happens about 25% of the time, from my experimenting. I have this problem personally on my tower PC that is older, and on a brand new Asus laptop. Everything is up-to date, and there is no software issues with any other software on this PC. A client has shown me the same problem on his laptops as well. Numark USA tech support has confirmed that it is a software problem that VDJ is aware of, and working on.

.... Can somebody from VDJ please help sort this out. We sell and support a fair amount of commercial software at our company, and I understand it is normal to have bugs, but I have never had such a hard time getting information on a fix... whether it be some hardware not compatable... or whatever. I am very familiar with the functions and settings of VDJ, as well as system requirements and pc/os settings.

Please note, this is the first time I have brought this directly to VDJ rather than using Numark's tech support. I don't mean to attack VDJ service. Hoping someone can provide some more 'official' answers?

I do have to say, this issue aside, VDJ is great software. Many great features.
Thanks in advance for any replies!

sean

Posted Tue 14 Aug 07 @ 12:13 am
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
Sean, until someone from VDJ corporate answers try playing with the length of the crossfade, and the crossfader curve also... It helps in some aspects of Auto play. I now understand what you are referring to, on some songs with a softer introduction the start cue is later in the song. By making these adjustments when I set up a playlist for dinner music it works pretty well.

Posted Tue 14 Aug 07 @ 12:38 am

@EliteDJ and others

There will be a release real soon, that might be great news to all of this ;)

Posted Tue 14 Aug 07 @ 12:49 am
dj-in-norway wrote :

@EliteDJ and others

There will be a release real soon, that might be great news to all of this ;)

The best way to fix this is to get rid of the automix altogether because there will alway be someone to complain, unable to master or the software will never have the songs mix perfectly together. Since some songs have a 7 sec intro and with others having a 10 sec outro... This must be the software fault.

This is a no win discussion. Next someone will bring up that automix doesn't beatmix correctly.

Posted Tue 14 Aug 07 @ 1:03 am
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
Auto mix has it's purposes.
I started using my IPOD for cocktail and dinner sets.
This enabled me to quickly get music up while not booted during set up time.
It works better all around is always there running as a back up.

Posted Tue 14 Aug 07 @ 1:09 am
I use automix at weddings extensively - 3 hours of cocktail/dinner music. with nary a hiccup.
I have it set to 0.5 sec force fade. It plays the entire song except for maybe the last beat or two. No beatmixing.

Ever since this thread:
http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/61288/PC_version_bugs_report/Automix.html

I've never had the skipping / jumping issue come back to haunt me.

The key is in the thread - update directx.

I even use automix on sundays at the nightclub during the pool tournament.

If you need I'll post how I have automix configured on my system.

I don't use any autofunctions, just have it set up as a relay-play dual deck player. For the use I put it too. It works wonderfully.

Posted Tue 14 Aug 07 @ 1:30 am
I agree.. I use it at weddings and in the bar during coctail time... This gives me time to meet and great and test the sound system, change light bulbs ect... I don't have it set to mix just play each song after another.

Posted Tue 14 Aug 07 @ 2:18 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)