Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: DAC-2 Controller - Worth It?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I have a chance to get a DAC2 controller off somebody for $100. Is it worth it?

I have a MK2 which I use with my laptop. I need the MK2 for sound so I guess I would continue using that.

How is the DAC2? Scratching on the MK2 is kinda useless because of the lag. Is the DAC2 much better? I wish it was like the old Numark CD players. Those CDN88 and 90s were real nice for scratching but I guess i wont ever expect that from a PC product. ;)

Posted Fri 10 Aug 07 @ 3:54 am
I've been using a DAC2 for 2 years.

Love it

Although I don't scratch with it. I found it responds close to a CDJ dual deck. Not Identical but very close.

Posted Fri 10 Aug 07 @ 3:57 am
Any conflicts when using it along with a MK2? I work off a laptop so I still need the MK2 for sound.

Posted Fri 10 Aug 07 @ 3:59 am
Don;t know - I don;t have an MK2

Posted Fri 10 Aug 07 @ 4:01 am
dac 2 was made for pcdj. but it work very good with vdj. don't forget to get the mapper for it
my dac2 work fine but you can't scratch with it. well not good. that why i'm looking at a cdj 1000.

Posted Fri 10 Aug 07 @ 4:56 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
CanSpoilU wrote :
Any conflicts when using it along with a MK2? I work off a laptop so I still need the MK2 for sound.

just dissable it as a controler on the remote control tab and it will be fine :)

Posted Fri 10 Aug 07 @ 11:56 am
skyfxl wrote :
CanSpoilU wrote :

just dissable it as a controler on the remote control tab and it will be fine :)

I found i needed to set the sound card as a "4.1 sound card" and then select "primary" (Which the mk2 is when plugged in) as opposed to selecting the the "Herucles " as sound card, other wise the MK2 kept re-enabling itself as a controller.

Posted Fri 10 Aug 07 @ 12:45 pm
Ok thanks for the info. I may just pass on this. Its pretty much a toy I really don't need right now. :-) Especially if the scratching on it still isn't 100%.

Posted Fri 10 Aug 07 @ 9:50 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)