Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: BPM inaccurate

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

HomeboyPRO InfinitySupport ManagerMember since 2003
Ok so whats the story ? There are 2 options for scanning your music in the fame settings. Hip hop / techno or any music. Please try both of them.

Posted Tue 12 Oct 04 @ 5:00 am
Man-TkPRO InfinityMember since 2004
The BPM detection in virtual is very good for house music BUt with another Style is wrong ...
Try with Prince - Cream
Any MUsic = 135
Techno/Hip Hop = 173,6
PCDJ = 116 (this is correct)

Try to make a loop with 135 or 173,6 BPM ...it's very bad ...but now try to edit the bpm and put 116 ...and make a loop : it's perfect !!!

Posted Wed 13 Oct 04 @ 3:36 am
Ok, please report this in the bugs or wish list area. Thanks for your time and effort :)

Posted Wed 13 Oct 04 @ 4:41 am
kickoHome userMember since 2003
i believe there is a program you can use with or outside of Vdj to help calcuate better bpm's, i did a search but could get the whole story straight, i would like to log my mp3 collection also.

Posted Wed 13 Oct 04 @ 6:15 pm
Well we have just added 2 new engines as I said. There is another way to do it but in fact VDJ gets the bpm's before this prog does. This is defianately something for me to bring to the attention of the Dev Team. Maybe a choice of apporximately what the song should be in between would fix all this. Let me speak to them :)

Posted Wed 13 Oct 04 @ 6:22 pm
perhaps a vst plugin? i have looked for one but no luck, i myself are looking for a small app. that can detect bpm accurate. looks like pcdj does a nice job from that example.

Posted Wed 13 Oct 04 @ 9:21 pm
Man-TkPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Pcdj save the BPM in the Tag ....can we do something with this ???

Posted Thu 14 Oct 04 @ 5:14 am
thanks an idea, not sure but it worth a shot (flu)

Posted Thu 14 Oct 04 @ 4:46 pm
djzeroPRO InfinityMember since 2003
yes there is a program arround which will update the BPM's with info out of the tags

Posted Fri 15 Oct 04 @ 1:14 am
whats the program?

Posted Fri 15 Oct 04 @ 3:30 am
it would be good if the bpm could be detected from beat tapping but not left innaccurate as it is currently. instead this could be used to detect the bmp properly without the wild variations that we see currently. you know, a pointer in the right direction for the beat mapping engine. if the tapped bpm came to 179 bpm then the engine could be told to look for keybeats(downbeats, first beats of bars) between the bpms of 174 and 184 also having this local bmp mapped correctly culd allow virtual dj to detect variations in the songs speed as these would be only a fraction of a bpm over a given distance.

listening to songs and tapping merrily away to the beat (something i do anyway:P) could be used insted to prod virtual dj into getting bpms to songs rite for a change.

Posted Thu 28 Oct 04 @ 3:17 am
also (just a quick note) i have noticed that the hihat is a much better indication of timing in a wider range of songs if this was easy to differentiate from the rest of the music as a simple kick then we would be well on our way having accurate bpms for most music (especialy with an intelegent mix of the two) better still would be me learning how to manualy match tracks but hey if i could do tht would i be using virtual dj? not to insult the TCers who do

Posted Thu 28 Oct 04 @ 3:22 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)