Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Sorry for the repost of subjest

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I can't find the old post regarding this subject but:
This past weakend I ran some testing on how to get the cracklin to stop. I did all your suggestions except downgrade the amount of proccesses running. I did notice that the cracklin starts pretty darn close to the 2 hour mark. I switched to a cd to reboot CUE and start again. And again around the 2 hour mark it started again. It doesn't matter if I'm running Audio or video.

Suggestions

Posted Mon 06 Aug 07 @ 4:11 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004

so to confirm you have , set latency to auto , unticked safe mode and overclock on performance options

have run a system defrag , if so try a boottime defrag with a program called diskkeeper , after running that it can give great results.

i would recomend you do kill off as many useless processes as possible aslo you can learn about that in my blog

another possiblity is that your soundcard is going to sleep , which is an anoying feature in xp

this program will dissable all of the sleep options

http://www.diefer.de/speedswitchxp/ be sure to set it to ultimate performance

sorry to ask but did you ever use a crack ?
as this can leave bad code which does this aslo which is why so many where getting white noise :/, and the fix for that is installing a new os

Posted Mon 06 Aug 07 @ 5:08 pm
My computer: New 4 months / No Cracks / CUE
Vista
2x64
1g
nvidia 7200 gs
2 external HD ( 1 for video, 1 audio )
MK2

I have auto latency set with untick safe. I defrag every weak on all drives.

I can play audio and video and all its glory. I can look at my watch a calculate that in about 10 min the problem will start. I did read your blog but did not have the time until today. I will see about the process tonight.

I just find it strange that the problem is on a timer... :)

I'm also going to try it with out the MK2 as a soundcard to if that works. I'm wondering if I'm putting somekind of strain on the sound card.

Just a thaught: If I turn down the computer volume a smidge and turn up the house volume for that zone.

Posted Mon 06 Aug 07 @ 5:34 pm
what soundcard are you using? the MK2 ?

Try turning Overclock on:.. for some odd reason that works great in VISTA with the mk2 (althought its really a laptop feature).

Also, dont use auto latency for Hercules, use VDJ to set latency, and set it to AT LEAST 512.
If that doesnt work, try 1024.

And if that doesnt work, use safe mode (that will never crackle, but sound isnt as crisp as without it on).

It depends on your hardware (IRQs). After 2 hours something is kicking in at your PC, that calls to the CPU and interfears with the soundcards line to the CPU (it gets interrupted = crackle, when it waiting for new audio data, and runs out of audio data buffer).

I dont think the Hercules drivers are all optimal for VISTA yet, so I have to use 1024 latency myself, when using my MK2 on VISTA.

If you have good time for testing, you can test the www.asio4all.com drivers. They work great with the MK2, and might be better than Hercules own drivers (if you are connected to external mixer they are easy to set up)

Posted Mon 06 Aug 07 @ 5:43 pm
Thanks for the insight...

Posted Mon 06 Aug 07 @ 5:49 pm
dj-in-norway wrote :
If you have good time for testing, you can test the www.asio4all.com drivers. They work great with the MK2, and might be better than Hercules own drivers (if you are connected to external mixer they are easy to set up)

At first I thought this, but then on my system there was just too much crackling and popping. I found that the Mk2 Asio drivers work really well when the unit is at 48khz and 4ms (192 samples). The problem is VirtualDJ doesn't detect the pitch properly, probably because it's 48khz.

Does using a speedswitch profile do away with any benefit the overclock option may provide?

Posted Mon 06 Aug 07 @ 6:01 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)