Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Cue Points

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hello everyone,

I just got Virtual Vinyl and so far I love this program. However, I am wondering why I cannot get my program to go back to the "Cue" point of the song when I push stop on my CD player. The program automaticly goes back to the beginning of the song and not the "Cue" point. This is very irritating when you are trying to mix the song into another song from that "Cue" point. Is there something I am doing wrong or do I have a seting wrong? Please help me... (FYI - I am getting my turn tables in 2 more days which then I will be using them not my CD player)

Thanks,
DJ Scandalous

Posted Mon 06 Aug 07 @ 11:38 am
cue point works when the cd is spinning not when the cd is stopped.

Posted Wed 08 Aug 07 @ 4:18 am
I almost got the same problem...
I use Virtual Vinyl with Denon 500 mixer, Denon 6000 cd and the timecoded cd´s. It´s not work like i want. When i press "cue" the program thinks i press "pause". Like this...

I make a cuepoint at "00.02.00" (exampel) and then press play and the song starts play. Then when i press "cue" after some seconds, say "00.08.00"... on the cd-control display the timecode-cd goes back to "00.02.00" but on the computerscreen the song just paused on "00.08.00". Then when i again press "play" on the cd-control the cd starts from cuepoint "00.02.00", but the song on the computer (and the output sound) continues from "00.08.00". The times on the display and the screen is not the same...

I thought the thing with timecoded cds (and vinyl) was that the computer should understand where in the song (time) the sound is.

What should i do?
The thing with VirtualVinyl is that dj´s can use the old cd+mixer setup and mix mp3 (or videos). I am not impressed right now... hope someone can help me solve the problem.

Posted Wed 08 Aug 07 @ 4:02 pm
well when i have set a cue point it numbers them 1 2 or 3 and there are three boxes labeled cue points 1 2 and 3 on the virtual dj screen. I use my mouse and click on the cue point i want and i dont have to stop the turntable or nothing it just automatically goes to that cue point and i can mix it up right then. Why would you press stop on the CD player to go to the cue point?

Posted Thu 09 Aug 07 @ 11:07 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)