Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Hercules

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

SkylaxHome userMember since 2007
I ve seen a few of us with the Hercules DJ console , is it really necessary or you can go on with just the mixer and the cd players ?

Posted Sun 05 Aug 07 @ 5:41 pm
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
Can you be more specific? MK2 is all in one, controller and sound card, it can be used in conjunction with external mixer, I use it that way.
You need CD players only if you need better jogs for TCCD or you are used to them. Good as a backup also ;)

Posted Sun 05 Aug 07 @ 6:19 pm
Right well I mean thats what i wanted to know, your external basic set up would be the mixer plus 2 turntables or 2 cd scratchers, well what i wanted to know was that when i buy my setup will i need hercules or can i just mix with the mixer, plus the 2 cd scratchers plus vdj?

Posted Sun 05 Aug 07 @ 6:29 pm
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
If u use a mixer for ur future setting,, u can use the mk2 as a soundcard plus the cd player or the tt. Or u could just use the mk2 for mixing n use the tt or cd player for timecoded or bypass mode but all this u need a pro version cos the edition that came with the console only entitle u for a mere 5 min of timecoded. The herc mk2 is only a controller n soundcard when u hook it up with the external mixer:))

Posted Sun 05 Aug 07 @ 6:40 pm
Would it be better for me to get the pro version or wille the one I have do fine?

Posted Sun 05 Aug 07 @ 6:58 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
well the proversion is a long time investment as you get free updates :)
and who knows the price might increase overtime so it might be a better investment to buy it now

you can learn more about what pro can do here

comparison

Posted Sun 05 Aug 07 @ 7:03 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)