Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Timecode Bypass Solution, Please Help [FIXED]

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

So I posted a while ago, frustrated at the loss of time code bypass, which i depended upon, I mix about half with vynil and half mp3 so this was a tragic loss for me. Someone suggested buying some Rca y adapters to solve the problem, now I'm wondering how this is supposed to work.

When I went to buy RCA Y adapters I realised there are very many many different versions, 1/8" stereo to Rca, Rca male to Rca, and so on, so I was wondering if someone could explain to me which adapter I would need, a link with pictures would be great, and how I would wire this with my setup?

In case you need this information, I have Two turntables, a Two channel mixer, and a Delta 44 ASIO Sound Card.

Thanks

Posted Fri 03 Aug 07 @ 11:11 pm
JeremKPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
You are still using the trial version since April 2005?

Posted Sat 04 Aug 07 @ 12:16 am
No, i now own the full version but havent got around to putting the code on the forum yet, theres really no point.

Posted Sat 04 Aug 07 @ 12:46 am
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
brennan11 wrote :
No, i now own the full version but havent got around to putting the code on the forum yet, theres really no point.

This post is unbelievable! How do you mean no point? How about all that free stuff like plugins, updates etc.? You should do it ;)

Posted Sat 04 Aug 07 @ 7:26 am
Ya, but the update I am using now works fine for me, and I dont really need any other plugins or anything, what I have now is perfect, and my key is stashed somewhere in my basement, and I dont have time to go look for it anyways...

Well if anyone can help answer my question that would be great too! Thanks

Posted Sat 04 Aug 07 @ 8:51 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
brennan - your back! Been awhile since I have seen any of your posts.

Look at Dams blog - http://www.virtualdj.com/blog/Dams/blog738.html

All the info is there. So the RCA to 1/4" adapters you use would go on the y-split ends that go into your Delta, the other y-split ends go to the phono of your mixer.

This is a hard-wire bypass. You would toggle your channel from phono (vinyl) to line (TC) if you sound cards out is going into the same channel as for phono (like chan 1)

Glad to see your still around.

Posted Sat 04 Aug 07 @ 9:14 am
Great! Thanks for the help. Just one last question, will splitting these signals degrade the music quality at all?

Posted Sun 05 Aug 07 @ 1:22 am
I will tell you that it is a mixed bag answer on that one - it really boils down to the quality of the TTs. The 1200Mk2 NO - can't comment on any other brands, only what I have heard on the street.

Posted Sun 05 Aug 07 @ 2:42 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004

Posted Tue 07 Aug 07 @ 2:07 am
Please don't push the issue of the Serial Number - brennan has been around a long time and knows what he should do - he is just stubborn.

Bren - how did it go? And you know you really should register your copy and get the updates. If you are venturing into the Timecode world you are missing some huge advancements.

cstoll

Posted Tue 07 Aug 07 @ 4:29 am
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
It's fixed in VirtualDJ v5.0

Posted Sun 19 Aug 07 @ 8:08 pm
VoltronPRO InfinityMember since 2004
In my humil opinion i think that best solution is RCA splitter. If something wrong happen with ur laptop/pc there is nothing better than an hardware solution...
Peace,
DJ Kad

Posted Sat 01 Sep 07 @ 11:23 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)