Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: DAC-2 Trouble

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Well, i don't know if this is because of bad hardware or if it's fixable, that's why i'm asking here.

My DAC has started to act weird, the right part of it anyways. Whenever i load a song and i turn the big jog wheel (the one to take big jumps in a song), the song just completely rushes to the end with big jumps. Whenever it gets to the end it stays there a few seconds and jumps back to the start just to rush to the end again..

The only thing that can "fix" the problem so far is hitting the wheel a bit. Could this be solved by software or am i stuck with a broken DAC?

Posted Tue 31 Jul 07 @ 11:04 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
VanStino - which mapper are you using?

Posted Wed 01 Aug 07 @ 1:22 am
Author: Pern
DAC-2 mapper optimised for video

Been using it for very long already.

Posted Wed 01 Aug 07 @ 2:07 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Not sure how Pern wrote his mapper to handle that. I know that my mapper you could adjust the speed in which things move by using inner or outer jogs -- so just glad to know it was not my code.

Here is how you can tell if it is in the mapper code or your controller --
Go to the ControlDevice folder in the Plugins and rename the DAC2.dll to DAC2.dll.old
Now launch VDJ and it will use the very basic native support for the controller.

If you experience the same problem then it might be your controller being alittle dirty or experiencing some failure.

If you don't experience it then the mapper may have become corrupt and you might want to delete the dll and install a new copy.

Hope all that helps.

Posted Wed 01 Aug 07 @ 3:43 am
I'm afraid it's the controller. Oh well. :)

Posted Wed 01 Aug 07 @ 11:11 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)