Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: haze machines

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

hey all

not related to vdj i know but Ive got a question about haze machines. I originally bought a fog machine before realising half the venues wont let me use it, so ive been and bought myself a Zoom Hydrahaze (hasnt arrived yet though).

Ive got a few big bottles of fog fluid left, so my question is, can this be used in a haze machine or should i throw it away and buy specifically haze fluid?

Cheers
Nick

Posted Mon 30 Jul 07 @ 9:53 pm
As far as im aware you have to get the Haze fluid, best to buy some that Zoom recommend.

Also beware, if the venues weren't letting you use a smoke machine because of smoke detectors, Haze machines have been known to set them off too!

Posted Mon 30 Jul 07 @ 10:06 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
Yes, haze and fog are two different juices. Also as digi said smoke detectors can be a problem. Most bigger venues that will be used by someone who is a mobile DJ will not even allow it to be brought in the building.

Posted Mon 30 Jul 07 @ 10:11 pm
hmm I thought the general idea with haze was that it wouldnt set off smoke alarms like fog machines do? One of the venues who asked me not to use smoke said that I could use haze which is why i started looking into things and bought a hazer, uh oh!

Posted Mon 30 Jul 07 @ 11:29 pm
You should always contact the facility first. And no matter if it's fog machine or a hazer. The juice that you purchase may have a chemical property to set off people with asthma or anyone else with sensitivity to breathing... research the juice as well. Some are water based and others are chemical based.

Also, look into a fine mist haze machine.

Posted Mon 30 Jul 07 @ 11:46 pm
so a fine mist haze machine wouldn't set off fire alarms?

Posted Tue 31 Jul 07 @ 4:19 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)