Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: problem with vdj

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

ive just installed vdj on my hp laptop,first time i set it up my s-video worked perfect,as soon as i restart laptop the s-video dosnt work.i press my fn button and not a sausage....can anyone help?

Posted Wed 25 Jul 07 @ 2:54 pm
grugPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Try first start with the svideo device connected and turned on. Start up the laptop and in your video properties see if its present as display #2. If it is make sure the option to "extend my Windows Desktop onto this monitor" is selected. If that doesnt work try unplug, restart, plug in and cycle through the display options with the Fn and your display icon (usually somewhere around the f5-f7 key you will see a CRT/LCD or monitor icon) that will switch between 3 different modes of
Laptop only
Laptop and external
External only
Once the svideo device is detected make sure the options above are correct. If it still wont detect try removing the device in control panel / system / device manager restart the computer without the svideo connected so it will reinstall the drivers first, then try connecting.

All this is in XP...vista is fairly similar but I cant remember how to get to devices option.
Good Luck.
Mike

Posted Wed 25 Jul 07 @ 3:06 pm
ill give it a go when i get home from work,i have tried most of the stuff you recomended before,but will give it another go

Posted Wed 25 Jul 07 @ 3:12 pm
i tried all the things you said,still no luck all my other fn buttons still work but not the one to change display,my laptop is a compaq nx9105 ive upgraded to 1gb of ram

Posted Thu 26 Jul 07 @ 1:35 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
lambo

make sure all connections to wherever are made first before you boot up, check your screen/monitor that your getting a signal from the lappy if you are go to config and select video tab at the top of the box tick activate you should be good to go.... hope its helped...

Tayla

Posted Thu 26 Jul 07 @ 2:08 pm
Make sure the connection did not come lose from the TV, and make sure you change the input on the TV. Do you see your pointer on the TV?

Posted Thu 26 Jul 07 @ 9:15 pm
i had experienced this with the tv set i have right now at home
it works fine with other "analog" devices hooked up
vcr, dvd, cable etc
but all my laptops will refuse to give me the option to activate the 2nd display
not sure if this is the case here
just wanted to let you know...
it's a old philips btw

the way around...
i connected my laptop to a vcr
and the vcr to my tv set...
geeee...

good luck,
matt

Posted Fri 27 Jul 07 @ 2:12 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)