Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: motherboard and processor question....

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I am not the most knowledgeable person when it comes to computers but know enough to be able to put one together if i have the right pieces. My problem comes with the motherboard types and processors. I do not know enough to know which one to go with or if it is compatible with videocards,soundcards, etc... which i plan on using. Of course i want to build something that will be solely for VDJ because i am very interested in purchasing the software but my laptop just can not handle the program well.

I was looking at getting a micro atx case something compact and mobile. I have ran across some micro atx motherboards that seem to fit the case that im going to use but I do not know enough about motherboards to know which is a reliable one and if will be capable of running VDJ. I have seen some that mention a video chipset which throws me off because i thought that relied on the video card you put in. Here are the links to the case and motherboard i found and what I want to know is this motherboard capable with the right processor and memoery and video card of running VDJ?

any guidance is appreciated.

case: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16811144162

motherboard: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813138269

video card: GeForce 7900 GS OC 256MB PCI Express x16 Video Card

Posted Tue 24 Jul 07 @ 4:52 pm
Take if to an expert on trying to cut corners, don't try to cut corner and go cheep. You’ll just end up buying the right hardware later.
New egg is good sight and tigerdirect http://www.tigerdirect.com/indexus.asp?SRCCODE=WEBMSNACTD&CMP=KNC-MSNAC
I’d go with intel 955 board and CPU package you’ll find on any site. If it’s about price, I have a ASUS board with and intel processor works good.. Unless your not planning on scratching and adding turntables, save your money on the sound card. The onboard will be fine as long as if its 24bit. Definitely go with 2 gigs ram if not max out the board for if you don’t and later you decide to upgrade, the ram you bye may not be a match with what you have. Bye the ram once. Most important, it is imperative that you DON”T BYE A CELERON PROCESSOR!!!

Good luck and keep us posted

Posted Tue 24 Jul 07 @ 7:30 pm
i am going to be using turntables and scratching. i dont want to cut corners but also do not want to buy the most expensive if its not necesary. I hear people talking about spending $2000 on a laptop and i bought a cheap toshiba for $450 that handles the program pretty good just my cpu usuage is very high and that worried me. I figured i would go with building my own micro computer that way it isnt too much to carry and if i build it myself might can get a real good machine for $600-700

Posted Tue 24 Jul 07 @ 8:22 pm
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
I suggest:
Any 965P Intel chipset
Intel Core 2 6420 processor
Your video card is ok or take 8600GT.

Posted Tue 24 Jul 07 @ 8:28 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)