Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Help with one TCV

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hey guys. For the moment I only have one turntable to test out tcv. I am using the trial version and I was just wondering how I can use one turntable to control both decks. I tried activating the other deck while the deck playing out became inactive but when ever I swap my turntable over to the deck not playing out, the turntable that is playing out decreases its pitch down to zero again. How can I maintain the pitch of it, but by swapping over the tcv to the other deck.

Thanks in advance

Posted Sat 21 Jul 07 @ 3:38 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
try setting smart mode in timecode options and it should retain the pitch

Posted Sat 21 Jul 07 @ 4:53 pm
tried that, no luck:( I have a shortcut mapped to my keyboard.

Example lets say im on deck 1. Im playing a song and want to cue up deck 2. I might have deck one playing at over it normal pitch level but when I press my shortcut to control the other deck, my first deck goes down to not and my second deck goes the whole way up to where I have the pitch slider on my actual turntable. Any more suggestions man:( Sorry for the trouble.

Posted Sat 21 Jul 07 @ 5:07 pm

Here is what you need to do...

1) at the active deck that you control with timecode, keep it active
2) at the new deck that you want to control with TC, activate it
3) disactivate the active deck AFTER you have activated the new deck

i other words, for timecode to control both decks, with one turntable, it must ALWAYS be activated.
Either on one, or two.
NEVER on none. That will return pitch to zero

Posted Sat 21 Jul 07 @ 5:21 pm
tried that man. Sorry for being stupid and all. But whenevr I activate the new deck the other one goes out.

Do you use two tcv in the setup. You can do it this way but the tcv just doesnt play opn deck two, only on deck one.

Can you have a step by step instruction please

Posted Sat 21 Jul 07 @ 6:37 pm

You do need the latest version of VDJ for that to work.

please try the latest demo

and use SMART MODE (important)

Posted Sat 21 Jul 07 @ 6:53 pm
Yeah I downloaded 4.2 trial(I know its 4.3 now but I downloaded from the site and 4.2 was only available. In the setup config do I say one or two tcv? When I clikc to activate deck 2, deck one goes out, but deck two comes on, and the same the other way around. I also have it on smart.

Posted Sat 21 Jul 07 @ 7:42 pm

you need to use use one timecode in the input settings.
Activate smart mode

And switch decks to control IN SKIN by activate the second deck, BEFORE you disactivate the first

should work ;)

Posted Sat 21 Jul 07 @ 8:04 pm
djirschPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hi,

really I cannot believe you are still telling people that it is working in this or that way. I am telling you since VDJ 4.0 that the pitch is resetting back to ZERO everytime you switch from one deck to the other. Even the Analyst are saying it is a known bug even if in one of the release they mentionned it was fixed but they admitted it was not because of a rush release before last christmas I believe.

I am using only one turntable and this bug is pain in the you know what. Please have this fixed. Other than that I really like this product and also appreciate your effort to answer people question.

Posted Sun 22 Jul 07 @ 6:00 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
update to 4.3 it was patched

Posted Sun 22 Jul 07 @ 11:49 am
djirschPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hi,

I have the latest and the bug is still there. I look everyday hoping to see 4.4 with the fix for that.

Thanks

Posted Sun 22 Jul 07 @ 2:42 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)