Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: recording mixes

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

djchuCUE userMember since 2007
i have a problem. i want to record my mixes but i cant seem to record straight from the speaker. anytime i record a mix you can hear when i cue up the opposite deck. i am using 2 turntables and an external mixer along with v v. does anyone have n e suggestions??

Posted Wed 18 Jul 07 @ 5:15 am
KregCZPRO InfinityMember since 2005
What are you using to record?
Are you using the "record out" on your dj mixer?

Posted Wed 18 Jul 07 @ 5:46 am
That will happen if you are using the default setting for recording in VDJ. The master setting is recording BEFORE the external mixer, essentially with the volume on max and fader in the middle. If you have an extra input on your sound card, you need to plug a line out from your mixer into the sound card. I like to use the booth out at home because I can adjust the recording level independently of the master volume. Select the sound card for input in config instead of master.

If you are using timecode you're using all the ins and outs already. These things are pretty cool too.

Posted Wed 18 Jul 07 @ 4:46 pm
djchuCUE userMember since 2007
In response to millsmobile. What is the name of that device? How much does it run for? I am using timecode so where will i hook that up 2? and Is their n e way i can record directly from the external mixer?

Posted Wed 18 Jul 07 @ 10:12 pm
That one is the M-Audio MicroTrack 24/96 2-Channel Mobile Digital Recorder. It is $300 (worthless American dollars) at Guitar Center. Odds are you can find it cheaper. There are quite a few recorders of this type on the market. You would actually plug it directly into your external mixer. The USB is used to download the mixes to your computer. I got to use on once, but don't remember what it was. A 1gb compact flash card snugly holds a 1 1/2 hour set in high quality wav file.

http://digitalmedia.oreilly.com/2005/11/30/m-audio-microtrack-review.html

Posted Wed 18 Jul 07 @ 11:22 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)