Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Auto-VDJ

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hello peoples,

A while back I created a program to backup the user XML/database file. (because, you know, sometimes it became corrupt)

I've created the 2.0 version of the program and it backs up all the XML files and the playlists to a user defined location (meaning you set the location once) This way if you set your backup location to a separate drive and your c: drive dies you dont lose everything. (since my previous version stored the backup XML file in the same location as VirtualDJ this was a real possability)

Anywho, so far so good. Another VDJ is testing the software for me, so what I would like from you is anything else the app should do.

It does the following
1) Backs up playlists
2) Backs up XML files
3) starts VirtualDJ (this is so that you simply have to start Auto-VDJ and it does the rest)

Let me know.

Thanks,
James

Posted Sun 15 Jul 07 @ 11:19 pm
It would be cool if you could have your script keep a backup for each day of the week so you could have multiple backups to rely on. In other words a backup for Sunday-Saturday.

Posted Mon 16 Jul 07 @ 3:53 am
Actually there are 3 things Auto-VDJ does

1) Copies all playlists to your destination
2) Copies all XML files (User file, shortcuts, etc)
3) Creates a dated user-database file each time you run the app

For example:
You state that you want to save your files to your E drive (e:\VirtualDJ Backup)
Within that folder will be two folders:
* Playlists ("e:\VirtualDJ Backup\playlists")
* XMLFiles ("e:\VirtualDJ Backup\XMLFiles")

Within the base folder ("e:\VirtualDJ Backup\") there will be a new file each time you start Auto-VDJ
* VirtualDJ Database (JAMES) - 07.15.2007 8:00pm.xml
* VirtualDJ Database (JAMES) - 07.14.2007 7:10pm.xml
* VirtualDJ Database (JAMES) - 07.14.2007 2:00pm.xml
* etc

This way, in case the database file becomes corrupt at any point in time, or in case you need to go back in history... you will have that file.

Hope this explains what I'm trying to do.

Peace,
James

Posted Mon 16 Jul 07 @ 6:08 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)