Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Numark Total Control Users

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I’ve had my NTC for some time and seem to be having a problem with the pitch control.

Open VDJ, add song to player, play song, try moving the pitch slider + or -. Not large move. I don’t get a response. For me to get a response I need to move the slider halfway down or up to get a response with VDJ.
Tonight I had a party that wanted Karaoke and Music and I noticed that I was having the same problem with the pitch slider on every song I lauded into the decks.

Can anyone confirm if the is just me.

Posted Sun 15 Jul 07 @ 8:22 am
i have the same problem too.

Posted Sun 15 Jul 07 @ 8:43 am
Had the same problem too, playing out on a laptop. No problems now playing out via rackmount (more power).

Go into config/options/pitch range.

Lower the pitch range + - range.

It worked for me on + -8 & 12

+ - 12 is more than enough anyways.

Let me know how you get on

Posted Sun 15 Jul 07 @ 3:46 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
Hello all, when I turn my TC on, every time, I move all the sliders and knobs. From one extreme to the other, i.e. pitch all the way up, then all the way down. For some reason, call it initialization, this seems to help. After doing so smaller incremental moves work much better. I hope this helps.

Posted Sun 15 Jul 07 @ 4:24 pm
pcl73PRO InfinityMember since 2006
paulettecerra wrote :
I’ve had my NTC for some time and seem to be having a problem with the pitch control.

Open VDJ, add song to player, play song, try moving the pitch slider + or -. Not large move. I don’t get a response. For me to get a response I need to move the slider halfway down or up to get a response with VDJ.
Tonight I had a party that wanted Karaoke and Music and I noticed that I was having the same problem with the pitch slider on every song I lauded into the decks.

May be I'm wrong (because i'm not perfect in english, so i'm not sure if I understand correctly ...) but when I use pitch with my NTC, I need to open the light first !! Open the light ?? Yeah, the little light just near each pitch slider. It's like you need to : First : Capture the position om your display with the slider (Move the slider at the same position of the one you see on the screen.... at this time, the light will turn on) and Second : Move the pitch slider where you want !

It's because you use Auto Reset Pitch option. And it's for avoid to have a big/bad movement with your pitch !

Hope I've explain correctly !!

Pascal

Posted Mon 16 Jul 07 @ 4:26 am
I think what pcl73 is trying to say is, on the config menu/options disable the auto pitch-reset, that way the software doesn't load the next song in +-0 pitch, that way if you have your pitch slider let's say +5 or-5 the next song will load that way and you will able to move the slider freely without having to move the sliders upand down until they get free of movement.

I haven't try that, so when I get home I will, thanks for the idea pcl73.

Posted Mon 16 Jul 07 @ 4:14 pm
pcl73PRO InfinityMember since 2006
MUSIKGUATE wrote :
I think what pcl73 is trying to say is, on the config menu/options disable the auto pitch-reset, that way the software doesn't load the next song in +-0 pitch, that way if you have your pitch slider let's say +5 or-5 the next song will load that way and you will able to move the slider freely without having to move the sliders upand down until they get free of movement.

I haven't try that, so when I get home I will, thanks for the idea pcl73.

Yeah, if you do this, you will correct the problem. But if you don't want to, you need to know this : Move your NTC pitch slider to the same position as the screen and you will see the "pitch light" turn on. At this time, you will be able to move the pitch slider correctly !

I see NTC users seems to have less problem then other users !! May be we are only few DJ using this controler ?!

Pascal

Posted Mon 16 Jul 07 @ 4:33 pm
2 reasons why I bought this controller:

1. The looks, the manufacturer and the similarity with VDJ softaware

2. No mapping needed, fully compatible with VDJ.

I was in the middle of buying BCD2000 or 3000 but after reading all the posts with a bunch of problems, then............NTC was my only choice, I'm glad I took it.

Posted Mon 16 Jul 07 @ 6:03 pm
pcl73 wrote :
paulettecerra wrote :

May be I'm wrong (because i'm not perfect in english, so i'm not sure if I understand correctly ...) but when I use pitch with my NTC, I need to open the light first !! Open the light ?? Yeah, the little light just near each pitch slider. It's like you need to : First : Capture the position om your display with the slider (Move the slider at the same position of the one you see on the screen.... at this time, the light will turn on) and Second : Move the pitch slider where you want !

It's because you use Auto Reset Pitch option. And it's for avoid to have a big/bad movement with your pitch !

Hope I've explain correctly !!

Pascal

Nope. Don't use auto reset

Posted Mon 16 Jul 07 @ 7:15 pm
I'll be checking your suggestion later on tonight at home.

One of the other thing that happens is when I open VDJ and play a song the volume is extremely high. I move the master on the controller very very little and the volume drops. It seem louder that if I had the all the masters on the pc set at max. and they are at max.

I think the verdict is going to come down to what one of you suggested, move all slider and knobs before playing anything.

There’s still the issue I need to recheck of when I was playing Karaoke then music I continued to have the pitch issue.

THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HELP.

Posted Mon 16 Jul 07 @ 7:52 pm
The pitch issue is real. DAM IT!!!

Every time I load a song the pitch slider didn’t respond until you move it.

8%, no problems, 12% problem, 34% big problem.

Posted Tue 17 Jul 07 @ 12:03 am
I just tried what pcl73 said about disable the Auto pitch in the optios menu and the pitch sliders doesn't get stuck anymore, you should try that Paulettecerra, I think that's the solution.

Now, everytime you press the sync button they will get stuck again until you play with them upand down a bit.

But if you disable the auto pitch reset, the problem is solved, at least in my case, and I don't think it will be on how powerfull the computer is, as someone said, I'm runing it on a Toshiba Satellite, Pentium centrino 1.6 ghz, 1.6 gb ram, 250 iomega external HDD, Total Control and DJ I/O. not the strongest or fastest laptop.

Posted Tue 17 Jul 07 @ 6:09 am
MUSIKGUATE wrote :
I just tried what pcl73 said about disable the Auto pitch in the optios menu and the pitch sliders doesn't get stuck anymore, you should try that Paulettecerra, I think that's the solution.

Now, everytime you press the sync button they will get stuck again until you play with them upand down a bit.

But if you disable the auto pitch reset, the problem is solved, at least in my case, and I don't think it will be on how powerfull the computer is, as someone said, I'm runing it on a Toshiba Satellite, Pentium centrino 1.6 ghz, 1.6 gb ram, 250 iomega external HDD, Total Control and DJ I/O. not the strongest or fastest laptop.

I tryed with all disabled. The only thing that works without any real problem is to set pitch rang to 12%.
Yes it suck that it dosn't work well with the auto sink, but I only find the need to make adjustments one in a wile. It's just a pain.

Posted Tue 17 Jul 07 @ 7:39 am
And I would still like a mapper for the knobs

Posted Tue 17 Jul 07 @ 7:40 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)