Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: New Macbook Pro 2.4 - Video Freezing

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hey guys,

Still trying to get vdj to work right. I was using the last model of macbook pro (2.3) and I had VDJ running good using bootcamp.

But now...I just got the brand new santa rosa 2.4 macbook pro with the NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT graphics card and I'm having problems with the video freezing during playback. I'm using bootcamp just like I did on my last mac. So far I've just tried playing .vob and .mpg(mpeg-2). Both will be playing fine then the video will freeze and the audio will continue. After waiting usually around 15 seconds the video will start playing again but then it will freeze shortly after. Also, when the video freezes and I click on a different spot of the song and the video will begin to play for a few seconds. I switched the .mpg codec to windows media player video and the video doesn't freeze anymore. However, the audio doesn't match up with the video using the windows codec.

I know I'm using bootcamp so maybe this should be in the PC version tech. support but I figured I'd try here first just in case someone else has the 2.4 mac and is running vdj with bootcamp.

Right now I'm have no idea what could be making the video freeze. I've tried absolutely everything. I also tried adjusting the settings in the nvidia control panel to better performance but still no luck.

Can someone please help? I know I'm not a licensed user yet but I'm trying to get the software to work right. I promise I haven't used it at a gig. I'm actually using my bros software so I'm trying to figure this out on his behalf as well.

Posted Thu 12 Jul 07 @ 9:11 am
JeremKPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004

Posted Thu 12 Jul 07 @ 9:52 am
I have the same issue. Check out my posts.

Posted Thu 12 Jul 07 @ 3:38 pm
Donnie Blaze lives with me. He is my brother and a partner in my company, Visualize Chicago.

<----- I have purchased and registered my Virtual Vinyl and Total Control. We have had countless problems with VV and are on our last thread with the program. He is more computer savy then me and is trying to get everything to work correctly before we launch it at our 'all video' gigs. Once we launch we will need VV boxes for everyone in our company. It makes no sense for anyone in Visualize Chicago to purchase and/or register until we get it running correctly.

Please help. This post is also for me. He is just explaining it.

Thanks, Charlie Five

Posted Thu 12 Jul 07 @ 6:24 pm
jaymakoto,

can you give me a link to some of your posts, I've searched but haven't found anything. What's your progress? Have you figured it ou? I did actually find one post from you and it said something about the video freezing only when you have your computer hooked up to an extrernal monitor. I haven't tried playing a video without the external monitor hooked up. I will try this and hit back.

Posted Thu 12 Jul 07 @ 7:58 pm
ok, so I tried to play the videos without the external monitor hooked and the video still freezes.

Posted Thu 12 Jul 07 @ 9:15 pm
The video will stop freezing if I turn hardware acceleration off but then the video looks distorted.

Posted Sat 14 Jul 07 @ 2:05 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)