Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: How do I buy VDJPRO at discounted price

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

DazmaxPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Ok so I have managed to get it together and I am up for buying the VDJ Pro version. I am useing CueLE and want to take advantage of the discounted purchase offer but cant . The upgrade from CUELE is not showing on the list.

How do you do this.

Thanks all

Daz

Posted Wed 11 Jul 07 @ 11:05 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Unfortunately this offer doesnt apply to Cue Le as its a different product than virtual dj as its licenced by numark.

Posted Thu 12 Jul 07 @ 12:19 am
Oh great ! missled again!

Its about time you guys started to get your story straight and stop giving out missleading information.
And I quote SKYFX:

"should you deside you like the program you can

A: buy numark cue full on CD

or

B: a digital download of Virtual Dj Pro at a
discount with your le serial

hope that helps"

Not a happy camper
DAZ

Posted Thu 12 Jul 07 @ 10:33 am
on the same topic the staff confirmed that the offer was not happening as its a numark product

you can still buy Virtual Dj Pro which is cheaper than Cue.

Sorry For any missunderstandings.

Posted Thu 12 Jul 07 @ 10:50 am
"on the same topic the staff confirmed that the offer was not happening as its a numark product" Can you show me where?

DAZ

Posted Thu 12 Jul 07 @ 11:13 am
Sorry i must be getting thick in my old age, i have read the previous topic several times and can only find references suggesting that the upgrade would be disscounted. Perhaps others could read it and let me know.

If ime wrong ,apologies all round.

Topic was" Numark LE software setup " posted on May 31st 07

Regards
DAZ

Posted Thu 12 Jul 07 @ 3:27 pm
Hi Dazmx

I appreciate your frustrations, expecially if you bought the NTC & Cue LE after enquiring about the discounts.

Numark Cue is £199 ($400)
Virtual Dj is £150 ($300)
Approxmiately!

They are basically exactly the same except for branding.

Not sure of you experience levels or equipment at your disposal, but just one DJ gig at a small birthday party etc would pay for the software outright, you could do that with your current setup, NTC & Cue LE.

I was lucky enought to get VDJ in its early days when it was about £80 ($160). But would happily pay the £150 asking price now if i didnt already have it. ..Is worth every penny.!

Remember the money you paid already was really for the NTC, which is a fantastic bit of kit and also worth the money, but they threw in the LE software for you to get you up & running.

Yes it's annoying if you end up needing to spend more than you bargained for, but ultimatley you need to ask yourself "Am i being ripped off?".... and the answer will be a resounding "NO"

both the NTC & VDJ Pro represent amazing value for money and will give you real & tangible earning potential.

Hope it all works out well for you.

Posted Thu 12 Jul 07 @ 4:18 pm
Thanks for your comments (Digimixer). I am a fairly experienced pro DJ but I have only recently moved into the computer DJing world. I have been a working DJ since I was 13 (Now 38). Currently using TechnicsSL1210's, Numark CDN95, Numark DMC2, Pioneer DJM600 and a desktop pentium dual core pc.

Ime not frustrated by the price nor do I feel that ime being ripped off. I am a little fed up with being given what seems to me to be missleading information.

I have just ordered my pro version and look forward to getting stuck in with it. I just hate being told one thing and then finding out annother. This lack of clarity sucks.

Thanks Guys

DAZ

Posted Thu 12 Jul 07 @ 5:03 pm
I understand your frustration on a reverse thinking. I did a wedding this past weakend and I have my usuall set up with CUE and MK2 with a back up of laptop... I also have a carry case with ( dual CD, 4 channel mixer and DMX )

The frustration lies that I baught the carry case with set of BOSE towers which is an AMP / SPEAKER combo so I could plug my mic and audio. I was coming back from the wedding thinking that I spent hundreds of dollars on the carry case only to use it for practice over a year ago. I shortly went digital about a month later with Tractor then VDJ Home Edition then recently CUE.

I probably could sell the carry case but would not have any real back up... Plus during the wedding people kept hoovering around my set amazed of how small and condenced I was.

So you can see, I could have been frustated as well but I reallized that worked with Home Edition ( LE ) for a year before upgrading to CUE at full price and a new computer. I did that because I wanted to run video and other affects. Without those affects, I would still be running ( LE ). I still use a Home Edition skin because I like it.

You have to think in terms of business or hobbie... Hobbiest think about the money spent where business people think about the possible return.

I paid for the upgrade of computer and Cue the first month and still have a profit becuase my club hired me for the entire weak of the holiday not any other DJ. CHA CHING.

Posted Thu 12 Jul 07 @ 5:37 pm
Hi Dazmax

Again understand you frustrations.

I've been loitering around these forums for years and years, i can vouch that the Moderators, Teamers & VIP members will all go out of there way to help you, to answer questions and give you what they believe to be the best information they can.

Ultimately they like us are all human, and they will make the odd mistake. In your case who knows what was going on in the background, maybe there were plans to offer discounts for CUE Le users, but the plug was pulled for one reason or another (Often happens when you've got two different companies involved)

This forum is full of helpful & knoweldgeable people, and whilst you may see some heated threads now & again, these tend to derive from people's passion for Music & DJing rather than any malicous or disrespectful motivations. Ultimately it's great software, with a great community and i hope you enjoy it all as much as i have done over the years. I'm sure you will.

Welcome aboard !!

Posted Thu 12 Jul 07 @ 5:47 pm
Thanks again for your comments.
And apologies to all for the tone of my initial posts.

The frustration has not stopped. I have ordered my download version of VDJpro via credit card but the transaction has flagged up for some reason. I dont know what the problem is and have no way of contacting iether the billing agency or VDJ staff . I know my card is good. (cant seem to find a good old fasioned phone number anywhare). I havent had an Email response from the billing agency so dont know what to do next I dont want to try an alternate card (ie switch) because I am worried that I will end up paying multiple times.

If anyone knows of a phone number I can call and speak to a human being on this i would realy appreciate it.

I even tried the pay by phone number but its just a recorded automatic system.

Thanks all
DAZ

Posted Thu 12 Jul 07 @ 9:19 pm
try making a ticket they can assist

not sure what number you called there

contact

Posted Thu 12 Jul 07 @ 10:29 pm
Ticket done.
I called the credit card purchace phone line.

Hope this works out because I am currently working in Saudi Arabia and have no other way of buying my upgrade.(Not due to go back to the UK untill August)

Thanks
Daz

Posted Thu 12 Jul 07 @ 11:03 pm
Dazmax, even with the discount it is still cheaper (assuming you are a UK citizen and will be paying in pounds) to buy Numark Cue.

VirtualDJ costs €239 or €215 with a Home Edition discount. But this isn't including our 17.5% sales tax. That discounted price of €215 soon becomes €252.63. That is a price of £167.03 using PayPals current buyrate (as of 12 July 22:17pm).

You can buy Numark Cue (which I think is boxed, vs VirtualDJ's cheaper download option) from djstore for £165.00. Saving you only a little bit of money. But if you are not applicable for the discount, then you would save £20 by buying Cue.

Posted Thu 12 Jul 07 @ 11:20 pm
Thanks Andrew
Looks like I might just have to wait until I get back In August. I am a UK citizen but currently hold expat status so even if I have to pay the VAT I can reclame it. I will be back in the UK for a 3week holiday (HURRAH) so may well go for CUE.

Will I be able to use my CUE reg number on this site and can I download skins etc from here?

Thanks for the info

DAZ

Posted Thu 12 Jul 07 @ 11:51 pm
yes full cue gives you pro membership.

Posted Fri 13 Jul 07 @ 1:33 am
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
dazmax

would'nt worry about your credit card been flagged happened to me and also many others for no apparent reason in the past don't worry about it, it does it quite often, you'll be sorted soon enough, so i would like to say welcome to vdj....enjoy

Tayla

Posted Fri 13 Jul 07 @ 10:29 am
Thanks Tayla
Lookin forward to it.

DAZ

Posted Fri 13 Jul 07 @ 5:44 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)