Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Numark Total Control or Numark DMC2? - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Pat_DJPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Hi,
I'm trying to make my decision on which one to choose: Numark Total Control or Numark DMC2

Could I get feedback or opinions, please?

Kind Regards,
Pat

Posted Tue 10 Jul 07 @ 9:49 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
I own and like the TC..

Marcel has both..hopefully he will throw his thoughts in.

Posted Tue 10 Jul 07 @ 11:45 pm
I own and like the DMC 2. Ask yourself what do you need and want to do? I don't need or want another mixer. I have to have at least a 4 channel mixer, because of the style of mixing I do. I only want rack mount equipment. Which one fits your needs best? If you are gonna have to re-configure your whole setup, is it worth it, to pick one over the other? What's good for me, may not work for you.

Posted Wed 11 Jul 07 @ 12:26 am
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
A Man and His Music wrote :
What's good for me, may not work for you.

Good point there AMAHM!
Best way is to visit Numark homepage and see what best suits you.

Posted Wed 11 Jul 07 @ 1:27 am
I really like the DMC2 but oddly enought not as much as my old dino-dj DAC2

TearEmUp has made an oopsy I don;t own a Total Control but I'm not far from buying one to use at home.

I would not hesitate to get a DMC2 if you can afford it. And AMAHM is correct - just cause i like it doeswn;t mean you'll like it.

Posted Wed 11 Jul 07 @ 2:37 am
Hi,

well at first tought, I was going with the DMC2 because it was rackmount.. and It's fitting in my case... although today, I was looking at the TC, and I see there's much more effect, and control... but I've already got a numark CM200, so I don't really need another mixer either..

Posted Wed 11 Jul 07 @ 3:56 am
DazmaxPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Ive been using a DMC2 for a couple of months now and love it. I used a BCD2000 before and liked that to (for what it was and what it cost). I also think it depends on personal preference ie are you a scratcher or a matcher. Are you going to want to use and have the flexibility of an external mixer. My personal choice was the DMC2 because I like the flexibility of choosing a mixer that suits me (current wepon of choice is Pioners DJM600). Ultimately its a question only you can answer. Perhaps you could try and find a showroom dealer who can let you spend some time playing with both units to see what you find suits your needs and DJ style best.

Good luck
Daz

Posted Wed 11 Jul 07 @ 11:21 pm
Also, the mapper for the DMC 2, from JB takes it to another level. So you will not get the total picture if you try it at the store. Hey, if I only need a laptop, and a two channel mixer/controller, I would look at the TC.

Posted Thu 12 Jul 07 @ 12:04 am
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
Also, the mapper for the DMC 2, from JB takes it to another level.

Really?? I might need to look into buying one now......

Posted Thu 12 Jul 07 @ 12:46 am
Thanks All... I think I'll be staying with what I first thought... and Its the DMC2

Posted Thu 12 Jul 07 @ 2:41 am
TearEmUp wrote :
Also, the mapper for the DMC 2, from JB takes it to another level.

Really?? I might need to look into buying one now......

It makes it do everything but touch your private parts. At the moment I don't need help with that. Look at the 24 pages in the text folder.

Posted Thu 12 Jul 07 @ 10:48 pm
not sure what total control can do.

got the dmc2 yesterday, and it works great. a few bugs here and there. but hey it fits in my dj caughin

Posted Fri 13 Jul 07 @ 5:17 am
djkz wrote :
not sure what total control can do.

got the dmc2 yesterday, and it works great. a few bugs here and there. but hey it fits in my dj caughin

Check here for the plugin.

Posted Fri 13 Jul 07 @ 9:45 am
I've bought a DMC2 Yesterday, and now I'm just waiting to come..

First Controller that I'll have ever bought.. Hope that I won`t be disappointed!

Posted Tue 24 Jul 07 @ 6:49 pm
Pat_DJ wrote :
and now I'm just waiting to come..

Do you mean you are waiting "for the controller to come", or are you touching yourself? Never mind, we don't want to know.

Posted Tue 24 Jul 07 @ 10:59 pm
What a stupid question was that!? It's written COME...

Posted Wed 25 Jul 07 @ 1:29 pm
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
He is joking man, don't take it personal ;)
@AMAHM
That is the good one, big LOL :))

Posted Wed 25 Jul 07 @ 2:11 pm
lol. yeah I know, don't worry!

Have a good day everyone!

Posted Wed 25 Jul 07 @ 4:23 pm
@ AMAHM Are you sure it's safe to use this equipment in the strip club if it can have that effect. Might be dangerous.

;-)

Posted Wed 01 Aug 07 @ 4:30 pm
Don't worry... it also has an emergency button to prevent expulsion of body fluids.
Push the little red button on the side and a photo of Margaret Thatcher naked appears, instant floppiness guaranteed!

Posted Wed 01 Aug 07 @ 8:06 pm
87%