Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Anyone Using Nvidia Quadro NVS Card? - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

layrubrHome userMember since 2006
im using a Nvidia Quadro NVS 140M 512mb memory 2.2ghz core 2 dou and 2 gigs ram and im having problem. when playing video on VDJ it randomly hiccups and pauses, it also does this when i load the other deck.

her is the tread i asked for help with no luck yet.
http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/72857/General_Discussion/VDJ_Video_Help_with_new_Graphics_card.html

ive done it all
updated
-drivers
-bios

ive tried changing all settings to optimize performance and even changed codecs but no luck

im running XP

Is anyone with the NVS card having the same problem?

Posted Mon 09 Jul 07 @ 4:34 am
vijayhCUE userMember since 2007
I recently got a new laptop, Dell Latitude with Nvidia Quadro NVS 110M 256mb memoryand seem to have a similar problem like you have mentioned. I was hoping to get a suggestion from this forum. Also I can't seem to bring the video on an external screen e.g. TV via s-video. Are there any settings for this particular video card. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Posted Wed 11 Jul 07 @ 5:05 pm
Wow. I have a Quadro 1500M laptop and I don't have any of these issues. Is this a Directx10 card? Maybe that's the reason?

Posted Wed 11 Jul 07 @ 5:41 pm
I don't how this may work for the marketing stand point. If VDJ is trying to capture every piece of the market group. Wouldn't it be better to publicly say that

"VDJ works perfectly in audio audio mode. Some machines may experience difficulty with video".

Note: this is based on video cards, memory size, processing speed, sound card, OS, bios, drivers, laptop or PC ect...

OR

Just market the Pro version to the pro user with the home edition to the upcoming DJ.

To say that vdj works but it's based on your machine specs with no "clause" is setting the mentallity of frustration and false hope.

Even the forums discussions would be in a different format and the moderators would not be saying the same thing over and over again... There would be one page of just stickies.

Just a thought!!!

Posted Wed 11 Jul 07 @ 5:43 pm
I don't know... it sucks for new users. I guess I took a chance when I bought my laptop because nobody really owned a laptop with the Quadro 1500M in it. But I didn't have much of a choice with my decision because I needed a "business class" laptop that my fulltime job was paying for (so I didn't even pay for the laptop).

My choice was either a laptop with the NVIDIA 1500M Quadro... or the ATI FireGL 5200. I took the NVIDIA based on specs online.

But if I were a new user... i would ask for recommendations from people here on laptops and configurations for video cards before they purchase.

But that doesn't always work either. I know one guy here already bought the same laptop I owned based on my recommendation. But he reported some problems after getting it as well (but I have a feeling it might be due to his USB soundcard that I don't own).

Posted Wed 11 Jul 07 @ 5:47 pm
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
fatkatzdj wrote :

Even the forums discussions would be in a different format and the moderators would not be saying the same thing over and over again... There would be one page of just stickies.

Nice idea..mates.

Posted Wed 11 Jul 07 @ 7:26 pm
vijayh wrote :
I recently got a new laptop, Dell Latitude with Nvidia Quadro NVS 110M 256mb memoryand seem to have a similar problem like you have mentioned. I was hoping to get a suggestion from this forum. Also I can't seem to bring the video on an external screen e.g. TV via s-video. Are there any settings for this particular video card. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

The TV has to be connected to the computer, before you boot up. Did you change the input on the TV? Make sure you have the card setup for "dual view" mode in the nVidia control panel. In the "select the display you would like to use" it should have an option for your laptop display + TV. You have said that you have it setup for "extend to this monitor" in windows, so you should see something. In VDJ config, video>video output, check activate, and in the pull down, select your video card, check use hardware acceleration, OK.

Posted Wed 11 Jul 07 @ 8:08 pm
I checked on the Nvidia website and the Nvidia Quadro NVS 110M is a Directx10 card. So does that mean the video card will interfere with the functioning of Virtual DJ or are there settings to be tweaked which will help in overcome this problem of video pausing and jumping. I didn't seem to have a problem if I don't activate the video card from the drop down menu. Please advice if anyone has suggestions.

Posted Thu 12 Jul 07 @ 12:02 am
Have you try the suggestions above? Are You getting visuals on your TV now?

Posted Thu 12 Jul 07 @ 12:28 am
Im thinking this direct x10 thing might be the problem because i have tried EVERYTHING i even summited the problem to vdj tech sapport but i have not heard back yet. Please anyone else with this same problem lets us know and if you have fixed it

Posted Thu 12 Jul 07 @ 6:53 am
A Man and his Music yes I am getting the visuals following the steps you had suggested but this video freezing is being a royal pain in the rear as it makes using Virtual DJ for video djing difficult with this Nvidia card. Tech support please help!!!!

Posted Thu 12 Jul 07 @ 4:49 pm
I think a lot of people here that have DirectX10 cards have been having issues. Sucks.

Posted Thu 12 Jul 07 @ 6:19 pm
You can install DirectX 9 with Vista. Having a DirectX 10 card shouldn't cause any problems. By default you only Have DirectX 10 with Vista but a lot of software which requires DirectX 9 will automatically install it as it is usually bundled with it on the setup cd.

For people having problems, try installing DirectX 9 from Microsoft here.

If this is the problem, perhaps a suggestion for the developers, add a check for DirectX 9 installation when installing the next version of VirtualDJ, whether that is 4.4 or 5. If it's required, then automatically start the download upon the users approval and install it.

One thing I don't understand is why everyone says that you must have your TV connections setup upon bootup. Every windows computer I've ever used will quite happily allow you to hotswap connections and there's no problem; infact, you can even hotswap IDE connections on the non system drive, although this isn't recommended.

Posted Thu 12 Jul 07 @ 9:31 pm
Andrew87 wrote :
One thing I don't understand is why everyone says that you must have your TV connections setup upon bootup. Every windows computer I've ever used will quite happily allow you to hotswap connections and there's no problem; infact, you can even hotswap IDE connections on the non system drive, although this isn't recommended.

It has been my experience that the video card does not give you the option of the second monitor or TV, if they are not hooked up, at boot. I am talking about VGA, DVI, and S video. Maybe it's just my machine, or I am mistaken. I will try when I get home to see if it will work the way you say it will.

Posted Thu 12 Jul 07 @ 10:06 pm
You can either do it in Windows' Settings tab of Display Properties or in your graphics cards control panel. Generally, doing it in Windows' own implementation is a lot easier although Nvidia users with Vista may find the Nvidia control panel more reliable. This has always worked for me with DVI, S-Video and Composite.

Posted Thu 12 Jul 07 @ 10:28 pm

Posted Fri 13 Jul 07 @ 12:30 am
Andrew87,

I downloaded and installed the directx 9 and I'm still getting the freezing/jumping video. Is there anything else I need to do like make directx 9 my default or something?

Posted Fri 13 Jul 07 @ 12:50 am
I'm not sure if there's a way to do so sorry. I think it's the applications preference which version it uses, although some programs explicitly require DirectX 9, e.g. Nero.

How recent are the drivers you are using for your card? The nvs140 is quite a new card and the drivers be still be in its infancy. From what I experienced, ati's vista support was a lot smoother than nvidia's offering.

Although this would be odd if this was still the case. The quadro series of cards are nvidia's alternative to ati's firegl, which are primarily for video and cad type applications rather than general gaming.

I'm not sure if the following drivers would be compatible with your card, but you can check it out. http://www.laptopvideo2go.com

Nvidia and Ati don't release notebook graphics drivers and you must get them from your manufacturer. The reality is, the desktop drivers do work with ati and nvidia cards, just that the references from the configuration file are missing. With ati you must use a program to readd them, for nvidia the above site offers the latest drivers for notebooks.

Edit: ok, just checked through the modified inf and these drivers do support your cards. For the latest driver click here. Please note that this is an official driver, but it is a beta driver and would not normally install on a laptop card. It should be safe but I would recommend only advanced users attempt to use these drivers. It is possible that your machine may bluescreen or give you other undesired results. It is also worth noting that newer does not always mean better, particularly with older cards. However, with new cards such as the nvs140, you may experience some benefits with the newer driver.

Posted Fri 13 Jul 07 @ 12:54 am
im running xp and Also the direct X9 doesn't fix it

Posted Fri 13 Jul 07 @ 1:14 am
Allright after getting all the suggestions these are the things I have tried. I downloaded the DirectX9 and also downloaded the Nvidia drivers from the link given by Andrew. But I downloaded drivers for XP-32 compatible with NVS 210M (my card is NVS 110M). After all this I tried to run video using VirtualDJ and was still getting the video to freeze if selected hardware accelerator. I then connected an external monitor and tried the video without the hardware accelerator but selected the video card from the drop down menu and VIOLA!! I could get the video to work flawlessly and also could have it projected on the external screen. Only if I tried to use the Sonique plugin while playing music then I needed to activate the hardware accelerator for the graphics to be projected on the external screen. So I'm not sure if all I did helped or the video card works without having to activate the accelerator. Please try and give feedbacks if it works for those having trouble with the NVS video card.

Posted Sat 14 Jul 07 @ 12:35 am
69%