Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Problem with MK2... switching knob to "split"

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

A lot of times on my MK2 when I switch the knob to split... I dont hear the two songs on separate ear pieces. A lot of times I still hear one song coming out of both knobx. I have to end up moving the knob off split and turning it back a number of times before it actually works.

Is anyone else having this problem? I have been having this problem since I bought my unit. I thought it might have been a defect... but not sure. Thanks.

Posted Tue 03 Jul 07 @ 5:30 pm
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
I use external mixer so I don't use headphones on console itself, but my MK2 is working that way too, bad drivers I think.

Posted Tue 03 Jul 07 @ 8:45 pm
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
affirmative, mine works that way too...sometime

Posted Tue 03 Jul 07 @ 8:56 pm
Ok I had a feeling it was some sort of "bug". At least now I won't bother trying to get an RMA and be without my MK2 for a few weeks. You could tell that the knob switch is actually done "electronically" and not "manually or physically".

Hopefully they eventually fix this. Its quite annoying. Sometimes I feel I am going to pop the knob off. ;)

Posted Wed 04 Jul 07 @ 6:06 am
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007
If it is faulty send it back to hercules.

Don't we get a 2 year warrenty on them?????

Posted Wed 04 Jul 07 @ 6:13 am
Mine does too and I don't remember if it happened when 4.3 came out or not. When running in XP try to use the 2006 drivers.

Posted Wed 04 Jul 07 @ 6:14 am
ciocePRO InfinityMember since 2004
MIX mode and SPLIT depends on Hardware, Virtual DJ manage only A & B position of the Knob.

If our console have problem in MIX mode or SPLIT contact Hercules Service Support, VDJ is not the problem.

Posted Wed 04 Jul 07 @ 11:40 am
PFD50PRO InfinityMember since 2007
I think you can stop this happening by making sure you twist the knob fully in both directions when you first start. The same way as the faders need to know what position they are in will be the same for the headphone

Posted Thu 05 Jul 07 @ 2:43 pm
I spoke to Hercules tech support today. Of course at first they wanted to blame the software... said I should try this with the bundled VDJ CD that came with the device. No thank you.

She said I should DL this MIDI Monitor program and test turning the knobs. Well using the midi monitor I am getting the same inconsistent results. Half the time I switch it to Split DATA 2 shows a hex value of H7F while the other half of the time it shows H00.

So there is definitely something wrong. I am going to try to return this to Sam Ash to get another one. I gotta find the bloody receipt. Ugh.

Posted Thu 05 Jul 07 @ 10:57 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)