Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: numark's new website - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

at long last numark redesigned its website to include useful pictures of their products.

what do you guys think?

Numark Website: http://www.numark.com

DJ Shahar
www.djshahar.com

Posted Fri 29 Jun 07 @ 2:55 pm
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Been there.. not too impressed tho but there improvement n more organized:)

Posted Fri 29 Jun 07 @ 2:58 pm
I like it. It isn't flashy (no pun intended). Very organized, and a clean layout. Much easier to find what you are looking for.

Posted Fri 29 Jun 07 @ 4:48 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
It is moderated by one of Virtual's very own Teamers. This is still your best place for answers....;)

Posted Fri 29 Jun 07 @ 4:50 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
TearEmUp wrote :
It is moderated by one of Virtual's very own Teamers. This is still your best place for answers....;)

No I'm not a moderator of their forum ( we have already a lot of things to do on our forum with a lot of users to help and we are all the time overloaded ;-) ) but i just help them a little bit for the beginning.

Posted Fri 29 Jun 07 @ 5:15 pm
djkz wrote :
at long last numark redesigned its website to include useful pictures of their products.

what do you guys think?

I think Numark needs to focus on redesigning the (Almost) Total-Control—the thing needs touch sensitive jog wheels and a headphone jack!!

OO

Btw. The DMC-2 could also use some touch sensitive jog wheels!

Posted Fri 29 Jun 07 @ 5:19 pm
The Total Control is not a sound card, so a headphone jack would be worthless......and it has touch sensitive jog wheels. Try toggeling the scratch button on and off and see for yourself. The Total Control is a good unit, and it is just a midi controller nothing else.

@Cel....Cool, so I am right...lol..this is still the best place for answers....lol

Posted Fri 29 Jun 07 @ 5:25 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
sure is :)

Posted Fri 29 Jun 07 @ 5:26 pm
TearEmUp wrote :
The Total Control is not a sound card, so a headphone jack would be worthless......and it has touch sensitive jog wheels. Try toggeling the scratch button on and off and see for yourself. The Total Control is a good unit, and it is just a midi controller nothing else.

I have read the specs for it, and it does not state that it has touch sensitive jog wheels. Furthermore, other owners have stated that it does not have touch sensitive jog wheels. However, I will check my info again. Thanks for your reply.

OO

Posted Fri 29 Jun 07 @ 5:40 pm
k_onePRO InfinityMember since 2006
Double O is right, the Total Control does NOT have touch sensitive jog-wheel, like the ones you will find on Axis9, CDJ1000/800, Vestax VCI100.The jog's have to be moved to function.
You do however have the ability so scratch though, just not exactly the way you are used to...

Posted Fri 29 Jun 07 @ 9:01 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
tear is an owner ;)

Posted Fri 29 Jun 07 @ 9:02 pm
k_one wrote :
Double O is right, the Total Control does NOT have touch sensitive jog-wheel, like the ones you will find on Axis9, CDJ1000/800, Vestax VCI100.The jog's have to be moved to function.
You do however have the ability so scratch though, just not exactly the way you are used to...

I am sorry to disagree with you but, I own the Total Control.as can be seen buy the Numark KCO icon under my name, I also own a BCD2K, I also own two iCDXs. Amongst other pieces of equipment. The jog wheels are touch sensitive, and can be used to "bump" the beats or by pressing the scratch button to scratch. It is a fine controller well worth the cost.

Posted Fri 29 Jun 07 @ 9:16 pm
If the jog wheels are touch sensitive, why is this important feature not listed for this product on Numark’s website?

http://www.numark.com/totalcontrol

There is no way this feature would not be mentioned. Also, just because you can scratch with a jog wheel does not make it touch sensitive. The only way to have “Total-Control” is with jog wheels that are sensitive to your touch. This feature is not even listed for the more expensive DMC-2:

http://www.numark.com/dmc2

Furthermore, here is an entire thread on the subject of this controller:

http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/70065/General_Discussion/Weeeeeeee____)_Total_Control.html?page=3

The first post you see should be the answer to the touch sensitive question that I posted on the previous page of this thread. Consequently, I hope Numark will include this feature on a controller in the future. I will gladly give Numark my $$$ when this happens.

OO

Posted Sat 30 Jun 07 @ 11:23 am

the Total Control does NOT have touch sensitive jogwheels.

It has regular controller jogwheels.

Touch sensitive jogwheels means you can just hold a finger on the jog, and the song will stop, and stay stopped (like on turntables or on CD players like CDJ 800/1000).

The total control has jogwheels that will stop the song when MOVED, but as soon as it stays still (even if your and is on it) song will play.

This makes a huge difference to scratch djs.

Posted Sat 30 Jun 07 @ 2:58 pm
dj-in-norway wrote :

the Total Control does NOT have touch sensitive jogwheels..... The total control has jogwheels that will stop the song when MOVED, but as soon as it stays still (even if your and is on it) song will play.

This makes a huge difference to scratch djs.

So true....It also "makes a huge difference to" any DJ who wants to scratch—no matter how much or how little the DJ scratches.

Posted Sun 01 Jul 07 @ 9:52 am
The only good thing about Total Control is that it syncs very well with Virtual Vinyl (VDJ). Other than that its garbage. Beside it having such cheap housing, you can't disable the jog wheels, no preview (pfl), plastic nobs, the cheapest faders/volume sliders I've ever used...and so on. I tried to return mine. The website said I could, but when I when to return they denied me because the controller came with the le version of cue and tractor. I was furious! I prob would have bought a couple Nou 4's from them (PSSL) for everyone in my company but now I'll just stay local.

Posted Sun 01 Jul 07 @ 10:18 am
GaryBrPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I've never been impressed with Numark or their products. Cheap & nasty is what springs to mind when I hear the name Numark. I guess you get what you pay for. For every product Numark makes, there is another company making a more professional, robust version of it.

I don't have any experience of their controllers, only of their turntables, cd players, mixers etc, and having tried those, thats the reason why I won't try one of their controllers.

Ironically, I did want to try their Virtual Vinyl hardware, but they won't sell it seperately, so another Numark let down for me.

But thats only my opinion.

Gary

Posted Sun 01 Jul 07 @ 4:25 pm
i agree.

the virtual vinyl box should be allowed to be purchased seperately.

Posted Sun 01 Jul 07 @ 6:10 pm
I also don't care for Numark products. But I have to say I do like my Total controller. I am a professional dj / producer for the last 17 years:
http://www.discogs.com/artist/DJ+Vitamin+D

They sent us one to test at Beatport and really liked it... Not sure how long it will last as it does feel cheap. I would have liked to see a cover that comes with it...maybe something like the Hercules controller...

I use the controller with my laptop and thats it.

I was going to buy the Vestax controller but could not see spending 500 on it.

Posted Sun 26 Aug 07 @ 8:28 pm
The DMC2 seems a little more robust

I think it might have something to do with the cd player it was copied from - the cdn98 - metal chassis - not plastic - rubber buttons - not plastic, etc.

Niether are truely top-of-the-line
but

I like my DMC2 and can;t see buying another controller for a while.

Posted Sun 26 Aug 07 @ 9:16 pm
95%