Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Latency....Numark Total Control Vs Behringer BCD3000

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

i've bee thining of getting a controller now for a while, and i'm lookin at the bcd 3000. I already have a maya usb, so I COULD hook up the Numark and have it be native and all that, but the numark doesn't have ALL the controls that I want!!

The behringer has things like

-Multiple effect select buttons
-Bass/Mid/Treble kill buttons
-Pitch Bend (This I Like!!)
-Mic input

Also, I don't ever see me scratching with any of the controllers, besides the vestax one, cause its touch sensative. How would you scratch with the numark, or behringer, and have it know when you let go of the wheel????? That would seem very un-natural to me. I would use it more for cueing, or something.

Another thing, in that HUGE MEGA post entitled "Weeeeeeeeee Total Control" I haven't read EVERY page, but the idae that I got out of it is that the total control has a little latency. In the adverts in the behringer pages, it says it has a super low latency responce (i'm guessing for midi) plus it looks a little more sturdy than the total control, and last but not least, it has a built in soundcard (No other external mixer needed, unlike with the total conrol.

So I don't know, but if anyone has ever used the bcd 3000, or even the 2000 for that matter, lemme know what you think about the latency and reaction time of the buttons, and faders between the hardware and VDJ.

Thanx
-Schmidty

Posted Thu 28 Jun 07 @ 7:33 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
Where do I start...

No. 1 The TC has turn knobs and buttons for selecting/playing effects and samples.

No. 2 Pushing down on the desired sound control knob, for example treble, kills said effect.

No. 3 I use the wheel for pitch bending, and it works very well. I too like bend buttons but got used to the wheels very fast.

No. 4 If you purchase the DJ i/o sound card it has a mic input and you would not need an external mixer.

No. 5 For scratching using my TC and my BCD2k a=very soon after you stop moving the jog wheels music resumes.

No. 6 There is no latency, It is just the video on the PC catching up to the action applied.

No. 7 My TC is just as sturdy as my BCD..The TC has more of a glossy finish, that gives it the look of less durablebility. But it is just as solid!

No. 8 And this is huge Behringer DJ products suck!!!!!

I hope this helps..T

Posted Thu 28 Jun 07 @ 7:55 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
in my personal opionon berginer , products are not well made

i would advise you to get the total control and the maya

Posted Thu 28 Jun 07 @ 9:09 pm
As TearEmUp is saying, I agree with all the characteristics he just described. But I will add a few more..........jejejejejejeje

9. The effects : you have 2 knobs ( Select and Parameter ) and 2 trigger buttons of course.

10. The latency : I believe what you want to know is how quick the software respond to the comands on the NTC, well, all I can say is that it is almost inmediate, totaly virtual control........jejejejeje.

11. Samples: you have 2 knobs ( select and volume ) and 2 trigger buttons as well.

12. Loops: you have loop in and loop out trigger buttons, also you have + and - loops so you can play with 4/4, 2/4. 1/4 beats, etc.

13. Browsing folders : NTC has and outstanding rotary knob that you can push to select folder and rotate it to borwse them and songs in them. ( one of my fav. features, no more keyboard and mouse, at least not as much as before )

14. Size: a very compact controler, about 10" width X 11" depht X 2" hight.

15. Numaek Dj I/O Sound card : it is a 24 bit stereo SC, ASIO Drivers with control pannel for configuration, has Phones output and Mic output with volume control on Mic. 2 main outs, one for Master and 1 for Cue ( booth control ) so whatever you hear on the phones you hear on your monitors, and it is volume control from the Cue and mix knob on the NTC. ( not in stock right now, until sat 30th )

Oh.....................I Almost forgot 1 more thing......................

16. Mapping : No need for mapping as the NTC is a plug and play device, one you've conect the unit to the USB and turn on the option on VDJ in remote controls, the all the little lights turn on and you are ready to roll. Remeber that is made from Numark and as Numark has the Numark Cue Software ( VDJ Home edt. ) then it is in it's nature 100% compatibility with VDJ. I've heard a lot of complains about this issue on BDC and Vestax Controlers.

I hope this reviews help you make a wise desition on your controler of choice.

p.s. Numark finally updated his webpage, more pics of the products and more spec and tech info, congrats.............for that Numark.

Peace !!!

Posted Fri 29 Jun 07 @ 12:22 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)