Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Video Editing Program

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Kinda of random question but does anyone know a good program with which i can edit a couple of clips i have taken with my digital camera. I have them in mpeq and mov but i wanted to edit them and make just one smooth clip so I can use it when people ask for a sample of stuff i play....any idea are appreciated....

Posted Wed 27 Jun 07 @ 3:52 am
Hi, firstly, there's always windows movie maker. I couldn't get it to work with mpegs last time i tried it, but since you have it included on windows anyway, it might be worth a shot.

Alot of people on here recommend sony vegas. There's a few different editions of it "to suit all budgets" (I should be in marketing, lol).

The general opinion seems to be that the platinum edition has a good range of features, and isn't too expensive.

Hope that helps.

Posted Wed 27 Jun 07 @ 11:35 am
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
you could try nero, avs video maker and there is also ulead video studio the last two are the ones i use the most dead easy to get the hang of...

Tayla

Posted Wed 27 Jun 07 @ 11:57 am
I use Final Cut but its for Macintosh Computers. I make Mashes with Ableton Live and Video with Final Cut.

I've heard alot about Sony Vegas though. Alot of VJ's I know are using it.

Posted Wed 27 Jun 07 @ 5:15 pm
If you don't mind getting your hands dirty then you can learn avisynth. It's essentially a programming language for video editting. Otherwise a lot of people recommend Sony Vegas. Nerovision Express would be fine for this sort of task too.

If you're going the free approach, avisynth and virtualdub will get you a long way - only if you have the patience! Otherwise try either:

http://www.avid.com/products/freedv/index.asp

-or-

http://www.virtualedit.net/home.htm

Posted Wed 27 Jun 07 @ 5:18 pm
use Sony Vegas 7.0

Posted Thu 28 Jun 07 @ 5:25 am
KregCZPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Vegas on PC is good but Final Cut for Mac is MUCH Better.
Final Cut is the program most video schools teach but it's expensive.
Around $1200 for the newest Pro version.
It use to be much more.

Posted Thu 28 Jun 07 @ 5:44 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)