Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: where to get music from these days

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

hello all back in the 80's i used to hit the local dj store in Chicago to pick up some house records. well now i am gettin back into the business and was wondering where you get your music from these days. I am not looking for records anymore but the mp3's is there a music club you can subscribe too and get stuff in the mail every month like the old days? are there websites etc etc any help would be great

Posted Wed 27 Jun 07 @ 12:32 am
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Hi there.

I use napster which costs 15 pounds a month,( napster to go ) here in the UK and www.beatport.com. There are quite a few dance music mp3 websites, try google to start with.

Posted Wed 27 Jun 07 @ 12:55 am
napster is not the answer i was looking for. thanks for the beatport.com link if anybody can throw in a few more links that would be appreciated and please dont just google and post. i am lookin for sites people have actually dealt with. i can google fine by myself

Posted Wed 27 Jun 07 @ 1:54 am
Have you even tried Napster?? I find it quite awesome myself, we use it all the time. The other one is Promoonly.com they have DVDs and CDs that you can get monthly.

Posted Wed 27 Jun 07 @ 3:58 am
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
i had two i normally use that were recommended but can only give you one that i can think of just now as main pc is on the blink anyways try www.stompy.com

enjoy

Tayla

Posted Wed 27 Jun 07 @ 11:45 am
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
Beatport is good, then,
www.juno.co.uk (Records and Mp3)
www.dancerecords.com (Records and Mp3)
www.xpressbeats.com (Mp3 Only)
Hope this helps!

Posted Wed 27 Jun 07 @ 2:20 pm

Posted Wed 27 Jun 07 @ 5:12 pm
www.call-a-record.com

and

www.Juno.co.uk

www.star69records.com

www.almightyrecords.com

www.perfectbeat.com

This is if you are into house / NRG and/or gay club music.

all have cd and mp3.

Ronny582

Posted Thu 28 Jun 07 @ 2:30 am
I just discovered www.zipdj.com

Posted Thu 28 Jun 07 @ 3:18 am
thanks guys just picked up a mk2 today and wow i got to say pretty impressed so far.

Posted Thu 28 Jun 07 @ 3:58 am

Posted Thu 28 Jun 07 @ 5:57 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)