Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: GLITCHING/SKIPPING

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Whatever you want to call it ,either way not a good thing. When you spend alot of money on your gear.
Or when performing in front of a large crowd not to proffesional! Anyway , I have an HP Pavillion US9205 , with a 120 gig hard disk , a 2 gig of ram and a 60 gig of external hard disk, for all my music.
An AMD Turion processor TL-50 1.6 ghz , and last but not least Vista Os with the latest VDJ PRO 4.3, and the latest updates. Also im running 2 Denon 3500'S on timecoded cd's, an MK2 with the latest drivers. Also an external Denon DNX500 mixer. Very expensive equipment, for the right job and many years of enjoyment. What is the problem here guys??? Please you are very intelligent pc guru's, I load a track no problem , I play it no problem. I load another track and my virtual decks freeze up for a moment , then it continues to load. And sometimes glitches/skips , other times it does'nt. Then I get through that , I go to load another track, virtual decks once again freeze up! Now it really glitches/skips real bad everyone looks at me in confusion? You do get the idea , I know of course you do. I've tried everything ASIO4ALL , played with every perfomance settting. All and any configurations with the buffer etc ,etc. I need answers please. Guys this VDJ thing is getting to be more of a problem than an easy solution to Djing. It's always something , this program is not new anymore!! You want people to spend good money on your product and not use crack versions . You give people smart and undetailed responses to problems because you don't have an answer, instead of just saying hey everyone. Sorry, we don't have an answer yet we're still learning our product as we go. To many issues at once , I think as consumers we deserve to know what the real problems are and to throw our topics off to the side when you don't know what to answer. Needless to say im no longer very happy with this product , nothing but issues since I bought it about a year ago. I tried waiting it threw giving the staff a chance , the product a chance, and time to just get threw it's glitches. I guess most of the young people who use this product are ok with all the issues and have patience not to say what they feel as to not offend anyone who is related to this program, but it' s about the millions of dollars that the consumers are spending on MK2'S, ATOMIX, ETC. We need answers, and properly working software and devices not gimicks and excuses! Now, if you think you could help me please, in detail .Not for me to have to retype what I just said here a numerous amount of times. I would like an answer to fix my VDJ software from skipping everytime I load tracks while the other side is playing , please and thank you for your fast , and reliable responses .

Posted Tue 26 Jun 07 @ 8:02 am
Have you set up Vista for full performance?
Look in this post for more info.

Have you done a clean install of Vista or was it an oem install? Most oem installs leave a lot of additional services and applications running.
Ewout

Posted Tue 26 Jun 07 @ 10:23 am
cjwhiteHome userMember since 2002
Vistas sound support is in its infancy. why risk untested technology in front of a crowd? back to XP for a bit till OEMs get their heads round the new programming techniques for vista.

Chris
PC Hardware Engineer and music junkie

Posted Tue 26 Jun 07 @ 10:34 am
PFD50PRO InfinityMember since 2007
Make sure that your graphics setup is not using more RAM it needs. It could be using upto a GIG under Vista.

I have no issues with Vista

Posted Tue 26 Jun 07 @ 2:58 pm
I actually removed Vista a couple of days ago and went back to XP, it's a good thing I get Vista free through the MSDNAA as there's no way I would buy that OS in its current state. When you get this skipping, do you have the timecode still playing on the deck which you are changing the track?

I can post the settings which I used as we have similar systems (timecode through Mk2 anyway), but first try decreasing the performance slider in VDJ. I'd advise you not to use the Asio4All method as it's a dirty hack to force wdm into asio when the Mk2 offers it anyway. You can probably fix your skipping problems by setting mastertempo to fast, increasing the latency and turning safe mode on (although safe mode off is better).

Posted Tue 26 Jun 07 @ 3:12 pm
owniebPRO InfinityMember since 2006
HK, I totally hear and agree with everything you said. I bought VirtualVinyl after already having purchased VDJ last year, and the Numark soundcard skips/glitches on almost every song. When I pass through, though, and just operate VDJ without using my cd player and TCCD (Denon dn-d6000), no glitches. I feel like the advertisements that said it would work seamlessly and sound great were bull. I'm getting fed up just like you, especially since some of my friends have Serato and NO PROBLEMS.

Posted Tue 26 Jun 07 @ 9:33 pm
haz0rdPRO InfinityMember since 2006
How is the timecode Quality when you do the setup?

One main problem with the Mk2 is that it doesn't have controll over
the volume of the input. I was unable to get timecode to work correctly
with the mk2, I know some people of tried some tricks by lowering the output of
the code when they burn the disc but i am not sure how to do that.

Posted Wed 27 Jun 07 @ 6:55 am
Wats up fellaz......I just got home after a gig, and I was anxious to see if admin or these 'experts' replied to hknyc's post but maybe they're busy or sumn....sorry you're having problems especially for that long but there's hope son coz I've been through that myself. Right now am laughing straight to the bank with no 'glitching/skipping' but I had to put up with a lot of insults from a crowd of about 400+ people before I got this thing to work....Its widely known that power and memory are the main causes of this problems, so u have to tweak all the possible settings (not saying u haven't already) but I almost gave up myself and cursed out all these dudes on here trying to tell me wat I wasn't doing right. I'm running a vaio with the mk2 and some stantons with an external mixer and I do everything you can think of without any hitches. So just be patient, and go through all these 'expert's' advice again, call them if you have more problems, and am saying this because I know how it feels to almost lose a cool gig due to stupid technical problems that undermine your talent. I would be happy to answer any q's you might have that would be technical even though am no 'expert', and lastly good luck coz you'll need it. Peace!

Posted Thu 28 Jun 07 @ 9:45 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004

Posted Thu 28 Jun 07 @ 10:54 am
Thanks for your concerns everyone , I have attempted some of these suggestions on here. It does seem to perform sliiiightly better but, still no cigar! My timecodes are burnt at 12db's ,quality seems fine that does'nt really seem to be a problem. It's just all the skipping and jumping when I load a track. Yes usually, I have the one timecode on and the other off as I load the next track. But , it does'nt matter how I do it. Or, if im looping per say, and I use an effect it also will jump or skip and sometimes the loop actually will unloop, because it skipped, know what I mean?

Posted Fri 29 Jun 07 @ 7:35 am
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
HKNYC wrote :
It's just all the skipping and jumping when I load a track. Yes usually, I have the one timecode on and the other off as I load the next track. But , it does'nt matter how I do it.

We need more informations about the CPU % when you load a song? How is your Virtual memory? Do you load your song from an external hard drive? Do you use the option "safe mode" ?

If you could add a screenshot of your performances pannel, it would help us a lot

Posted Fri 29 Jun 07 @ 5:05 pm
First of all, what is your setup. Do you have a usb hug connceted to to your hard drive if its extrenal by any chance. Did you disable the setiings in your sound because Vista has audio enhacments that need to be disabled. Read below
Go to control panel -> Sound -> Properties and disable all enhancemants as explained above.
Also uncheck the two boxes in the advanced tab that say "Allow application to take exclusive control of this device" and "Give exclusive mode applications priority"
Finally and I think most importantly, set the default format option to CD quality 44100 Hz mode.
Reboot and see. It worked for me, hope it does for you too.

Songs only freeze up when you are using a non powered portable hard drive in the loading part. Use a powered one connected directly into the laptop and always connected there. Computers remember the slot you used and has assingned it just for that. Remember your usb slots for each being used.

Dont use a usb hub if you have one. Try any of these and see if it cahnges anything

Posted Tue 31 Jul 07 @ 9:14 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)