Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: lead

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

hey guys my old man is going away tommorrow so iam gettin him to get me a creative soundblaster 5.1 iam just wondering what is the name of the lead that connects the soundblaster to my mixer:)

muppetjnr

Posted Mon 25 Jun 07 @ 5:20 pm
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
You need small 3.5mm audio jack like on standard computers from one side and RCA to another side to mixer, 2 cables.

Posted Mon 25 Jun 07 @ 5:55 pm
ok well iam kinda of a fool when it comes to cables so where do the two cables connect to iam useing a laptop by the way:) if that makes a difference

Posted Mon 25 Jun 07 @ 5:59 pm
You will need two of ~eqint_KeyIDdata~40103~itemNumber~[item_number]~UID~2007062511184019~disp_IMG~Y~catgroup~%5BcatGroup%5D]these. If you look further on the site, you will see various versions, or get them from Radio Shack. The small jack will go into the front out of the card, and the phone plugs into channel one on your mixer. The next one will plug into the rear out on the card, and go into channel two of your mixer. To keep everything on an even keel, use the red or orange plug to the right input of each channel.

Posted Mon 25 Jun 07 @ 8:10 pm

Posted Fri 29 Jun 07 @ 12:33 am
The best way to order this cables is as follows:

mini plug to RCA................One mini plug on one end and 2 rca male connectors on the other end.

Several brands for this.........I have Monster cable, but there are others, RECOTON, HOSA,ETC.

You need 2 pairs of cables one for the front channel and one for the real channel

and the exact description of the sound card is: SOUND BLASTER LIVE 24 BIT EXTERNAL USB SOUND CARD

Posted Fri 29 Jun 07 @ 2:50 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)